Life at Deloitte
Cultural diversity as a key driver of innovation and growth in business
In recognition of the U.N. World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development on 21 May, Deloitte brought together three influential leaders for a podcast entitled, "Cultural diversity as a key driver of innovation and growth in business."
The podcast explores the business case for instituting and encouraging cultural diversity in the workforce and the ties between diversity and innovation. It also looks at the challenges and hurdles companies face in utilizing culturally diverse workforces to the fullest, and how to overcome those challenges.
- Does having diverse teams really improve performance, and why?
- What are the challenges to instituting and promoting a culturally diverse workforce?
- How can companies overcome these challenges to maximize the performance of their workforce?
- Martha Maznevski, professor of Organizational Behavior and International Management, IMD Business School, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Jim Wall, Former Chief Diversity Officer and Global Managing Director of Talent, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
- Alec Bashinsky, National Partner of People & Performance, Deloitte Australia
Diversity and inclusion at Deloitte