The Deloitte Challenge Marathon, Half Marathon and Cycle Race take place along the M4 north bound carriage way. The M4 at sea level offers breathtaking views and is a flat, relaxed route for both experienced and novice athletes.
- This event is unique in KZN in that a Cycle Race will set off before the Marathon on the same route. Cyclists will benefit from the M4 road closure and enjoy a scenic, fast ride into Durban, without worrying about traffic approaching from behind.
- This is the final marathon before the Comrades Marathon qualifying criteria submission deadline of 4 May 2015.
- For those Comrades runners, the Deloitte Challenge Marathon is perfectly timed to be the last ‘long run’ in a formal Comrades training schedule.
- A total of R60 000 prize money for the Marathon and Half Marathon.
- All the Deloitte Challenges, except the 5km Fun Run, are ChampionChip timed events.
- Race medals will be awarded to all finishers, including the 5km Fun Run.
- Stylish moisture management race shirts, in various sizes, will be made available to the first 5000 entries for the marathon events and to the 1000 Cycle Race entries.
- The Deloitte Challenge takes place over a long weekend, thereby providing out-of-town athletes and their families with the opportunity to enjoy a couple of days on the KZN east coast.
- The weather in early May is predictably stable, relatively cool and without the usual Durban summer humidity.
- The Deloitte Challenge provides an effortless opportunity to give and support our preferred beneficiary - LIV Village, an organisation which provides holistic residential care for orphaned and vulnerable children.