Rules and regulations
Rules and regulations
- Race numbers and packs (except for the 5km Fun Run) can be collected at the Amphitheatre, Durban Promenade on Saturday, 6 May 2017 from 10h00 – 17h00. Fun Run entries will only be available at the Amphitheatre, Durban Promenade at registration or on Race Day from 06h00 to 07h45.
- Stylish moisture management race shirts are only available to the first 4 000 entries. Sizes can be selected upon entry and shirts can be collected at registration. Deloitte reserves the right to substitute selected shirt sizes.
- All athletes must be licenced. Licensed runners must wear their club colours, together with their 2017 licence numbers on the front and back of their vest and the Deloitte Challenge race number on the front of their vest. The race number must be placed over the license number so that the ASA sponsor logo is visible. Marathon runners must hold a permanent licence.
- Athletes may wear a temporary license for the Half Marathon and Ten-K Challenges. These athletes must wear plain colours (with no advertising), the temporary licence number on the back of their vest and the Deloitte Challenge race number on the front of their vest. No licence/number to be worn on shorts. Temporary licence numbers will be on sale or available for collection at registration only.
- If you are not a licenced cyclist, you will be required to purchase a day licence at a cost of R35.
- All the Deloitte Challenge events are held under the rules of Athletics South Africa (ASA), KwaZulu-Natal Athletics (KZNA), International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF) and Cycling SA. All foreign athletes must comply with IAAF Rule 4.2 and Rule 142.
- All Deloitte Challenge entrants must be at least the following ages on the day of the event: Marathon – 20 years, Half Marathon – 16 years, Ten-K – 14 years; Cycle Race – 16 years.
- The new ASA/KZNA approved numerical age category tags (60mm to 80mm) must be worn on the back and front of athletes’ vests for those competing for category prizes. Proof of age must be provided on request before or after the Challenge.
- Marathon runners who have not passed the M4 Sibaya Circle cut-off point at 23km in 3 hours (by 09h30) will not be allowed to continue. These runners will be asked to leave the road by authorised officials and will be transported to the finish.
- Cyclists who have:
- not passed the M4 Sibaya Circle (approximately 20km) by 07h15, (approximately 1 hour 15 minutes after the start of the last batch), or
- not reached the Virginia Airport Circle by 07h45, or
- not completed the Cycle Race in 2 hours 30 minutes
will be requested to leave the road by authorised officials and be transported with their bicycles to the finish.
- Under no circumstances will cyclists be allowed to cycle back to Ballito on the M4 north-bound carriageway at any stage during or after the Cycle Race.
- Formal prize-giving ceremonies for all the running challenges will commence at 10h30 on the day of the Challenge. Lucky draw prizes for finishers of the cycle challenge will be drawn randomly by Deloitte in the week following the event and the winners advised accordingly.
- Prize winners will not be eligible for prizes unless all the requested information is complete on the entry form.
- A secure tog bag area will be available on the day of the race at the Amphitheatre, Durban Promenade. Tog bags, as well as keys, can be handed in at the designated tog bag vans at the start venues of the Marathon, Half Marathon, Ten-K and Cycle Race.
- The Deloitte Challenge events, except the 5km Fun Run, are ChampionChip timed events. No chip = no result = no prize money!
- Athletes are to obey traffic officials, event marshals and safety officers at all times. No seconding for any Deloitte Challenge event is allowed.
- No blades, wheelchairs or mechanically operated devices are allowed in this year’s Deloitte Challenge.
- No iPods, or any other form of earphone type device may be used during any of the Deloitte Challenge events.
- No pets are allowed on any of the Deloitte Challenges, including the Fun Run.
- Entry fees shall not be refunded, cancelled, returned or exchanged on account of weather or unforeseen events occurring beyond the control of the event organisers, the race director, the host club or the sponsors. Substitution of entries is permitted. You will need to present a letter of authorisation to the help desk at registration.
- Entrants agree that photographs taken by the official race photographer on event day can be used for promotional purposes in 2018.