Our journey towards net-zero has been saved
Our journey towards net-zero
“Every positive action is impactful”
- Living with purpose
- Together we can create a better tomorrow
- Ripple effect, leaving a meaningful legacy
Deloitte Africa commits to achieving science-based net-zero emissions with 2030 goals and extending our impact beyond ourselves—through empowering our people and engaging our ecosystems on responsible climate choices that are relevant for Africa.
We will reduce our greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions across our operations and value chain, through:
- Reducing business travel by 50% per FTE
- Sourcing renewable electricity
- Electrifying our car fleet
- Requiring two-thirds of our global suppliers to set carbon reduction targets
- Investing in offsets for our residual emissions
- We use a grey water system to reduce our use of water
- We have achieved zero waste to landfill because of the recycle bins placed around the office along with our zero-waste policy
Did you know? Deloitte Africa has rolled out practical interventions that ensures meetings, events and conferences held within the Deloitte offices in Africa are sustainable and net-zero. Read our Deloitte Africa Sustainable-Events Guide 2022.
How does the grey water system work at Deloitte?
- Grey water harvesting is used to reduce our water usage. All plants within the office as well as on the exterior are watered with grey water. The toilets also use grey water for flushing.
- We have low flow automated taps in bathrooms which ensures there is limited wastage of water
- Grey water harvesting is used to reduce our water usage.
- The toilets use grey water for flushing.
- Hand basins in the bathrooms are supplied with cold water to reduce energy consumption
- Toilets have small and large flush options and waterless urinals are flushed periodically throughout the day
- All plants within the office as well as on the exterior are watered with grey water.
Get in touch
If you would like to share views and insights, or become a Deloitte Climate Champion, reach out by emailing the AfricaSustainabilityOffice@deloitte.co.za.