Deloitte Challenge Pretoria Marathon has been saved
Deloitte Challenge Pretoria Marathon
Rules and regulations
Rules and regulations
- Online entries close on Sunday, 10 February 2019.
Store Entries close on Wednesday, 20 February.
Entries at Phobian’s Club for al 3 distances available on Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd February 2019 from 11h00 to 18h00.
Entries for the 10 km will be available on race day from 04h30 to 06h15.
- Online entries can be collected from the requested pickup points.
- The race will be run in accordance with the rules of ASA and AGN.
- Licensed athletes must wear their 2019 license front and back with the official race number pinned in front and attached below the ASA and sponsors logo so that these logos are clearly visible. Athletes running with temporary numbers must pin them on the back with the official race number in the front.
- Age restrictions
Minimum age of 14 years on the day of the race for 10 km
Minimum age of 16 years on the day of the race for 21.1 km
Minimum age of 20 years on the day of the race for 42.2 km.
- Obey all marshals, traffic authorities and traffic rules.
- Age category tags (e.g. 40, 50, 60, 70 and 80) and a “J” must be worn
on the front and back by athletes competing for category prizes. Age
category winners will be required to produce acceptable proof of age.
- In the 10km walk category, athletes must display the “W” tags on front and back of their vests and age category to be eligible for prize money.
- Race results will be available on www.raceresults.co.za
- Wheelchair entrants are welcome provided that you are aware that you may require a runner to assist over the animal grids on Klapperkop, if doing the 21 km or 42 km races.
- Tog bag area available at own risk.
- Foreign athletes must comply with IAAF Rule 4, paragraph 2, with regard to handing over permits to the organiser.
- No seconding is allowed.
- All runners and walkers participate at their own risk.
- Prizes can only be won for the race officially entered.
- Litter must be thrown into the bins provided on route.
- No listening devices like iPods allowed.
- No pets allowed.
- Medical Support will be present on race day.