The Deloitte Challenge Pretoria Marathon
25 February 2018
RULE AND REGULATIONS
The race will be run in accordance with the rules of ASA and AGN.
- Licensed athletes must wear their 2018 license front and back with the official race number pinned in front on top of the license number. Athletes running with temporary numbers must pin them on the back with the official race number in the front.
- Age restrictions:
Minimum age of 14 years on the day of the race for 10 km
Minimum age of 16 years on the day of the race for 21.1 km
Minimum age of 20 years on the day of the race for 42.2 km.
- Obey all marshals traffic authorities and traffic rules
- Age category tags (e.g. 40, 50, 60, 70 and 80) and a “J” must be worn on the front and back by athletes competing for category prizes. Age category winners will be required to produce acceptable proof of age.
- In the 10km walk category, athletes must display the “W” tags on front and back of their vests and age category to be eligible for prize money.
- Race results will be available on www.raceresults.co.za
- Wheelchair entrants are welcome provided that you are aware that you may require a runner to assist over the animal grids on Klapperkop, if doing the 21 km or 42 km races.
- Tog bag area available at own risk.
- Foreign athletes must comply with IAAF Rule 4, paragraph 2, with regard to handing over permits to the organiser.
- No seconding is allowed.
Online entries close Sunday, 11 February 2018 Entries at stores close Wednesday, 21 February.
Entries at PHOBIANS’ club for all 3 distances available on Friday 23 and Saturday, 24 February 2018 from 11h00 to 18h00.
Entries for the 10km will be available on race day from 04h30 to 06h15. Note: No t-shirts will be handed out on race day.
Online entries: www.entrytime.co.za
Run-A-Way Sport (012) 361 3733 (302 Freesia Street Lynnwood Ridge)
Runners Store (012) 320 0048/55 (The Tramshed Centre)
The Sweatshop (012) 665 0048 (Southdowns Shopping Centre Irene)
Running Inn 079 907 1793 (63 George Storrar Drive)
The Sweatshop (Dunkeld) (011) 325 2567 (Cnr Jan Smuts Ave & Bompass Rd Dunkeld)
The Sweatshop (Bedfordview) (011) 450 2421 (Shop 5 Bedford Arcade)
Race Club: PHOBIANS
Graham S.: 076 246 5185
Graham G.: 073 171 7507
Rene: 079 889 8484
Leon: 082 920 9495