Associate Director | Corporate Lawyer has been saved
Associate Director | Corporate Lawyer
Legal | Deloitte Tax & Legal
An exciting opportunity exists to play a pivotal role in growing the M&A legal practice in the Johannesburg office.
About the role
Main Purpose of Job
To play a pivotal role in growing the M&A legal practice in the Johannesburg office.
Qualifications & Experience required
- Admitted Attorney or Advocate with at least 7 years post articles legal experience.
- At least 5 years post articles consulting experience in Company Law.
- Experience in Competition Law and/or BEE Law and/or Banking Law would be beneficial.
- Very sound knowledge of the Companies’ Act is required.
- LLB Degree (or similar) with 7 to 10 years post articles legal experience.
- Experience in building and managing a team of lawyers.
- Demonstrable experience in competition law, BEE legislation or banking law would be beneficial.
Specialized Technical Capabilities
- Ability to advise on the corporate law aspects of an M&A transaction, superior drafting ability, and experience in intra-group transactions
- Ability to scope and manage Due Diligence projects
Core Technical Capabilities
- Delivery Excellence - Accepts overall responsibility and establishes appropriate controls for optimizing engagement profitability and managing risk in accordance with the contract, project plan, and Deloitte quality standards
- Executive Presence - Manages and advances relationships with clients beyond immediate engagement needs and serves as a trusted advisor
- Global Mindset - Builds and sustains relationships across global services and/or sector network to sell and deliver engagements
- Risk Strategy - Applies a strong understanding of client’s strategy and advises client’s senior leadership accordingly
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Competitive Edge - Applies knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
- Influence - Builds deep relationships across a diverse network and uses a flexible influencing style to gain buy-in and drive impact
- Performance drive - Creates opportunities to drive impact; anticipates client needs and delivers superior results by leveraging each person’s strengths to build high performing teams across businesses and borders
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.
Want to join Deloitte Legal?