Actuarial Junior Analyst - Cape Town - Graduate Opportunity 2018
Deloitte Actuarial and Insurance Solutions (AIS) in South Africa boasts a team of over 80 Actuarial professional staff, with market leading skills in Life Insurance, Non-Life Insurance, Healthcare, Banking, Pensions and Wider Fields.
Joining Deloitte will mean you have a chance to experience and be part of the people and culture which have made Deloitte the largest professional services firm in the world.
Opportunities for Life Actuarial Junior Analyst:
· Partly qualified actuaries (actuarial science students)
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who enjoys solving a variety of problems. Excellent people skills are a must, and apart from managing teams and providing technical input into projects you will be expected to assist with proposals for new work, draft reports and make presentations, develop and mentor internal teams and assist with research and development.
What we look for:
· Ability to build and develop client relationships
· Aptitude for developing and managing teams
· Excellent people skills
· Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
· Strong communication skills, both written and oral
· Flexibility to work on a wide range of projects.
· Open to local and international travel
· SAM/Solvency II, IFRS 4 and embedded value experience is an advantage
· Prophet modelling experience is an advantage.
What we offer:
The role will offer you the opportunity to develop as a consultant to large and small life insurers both locally and abroad. You will be working on a wide variety of projects include:
· Reserving, pricing and capital modelling
· Broader capital management and strategy
· SAM/Solvency II and IFRS 4 projects
· Mergers and Acquisitions
· Financial modelling
· Insurance analytics
· Audit support
· ERM and ORSA projects