Deloitte Consulting Africa
Are you a game changer? Do you believe in adding advantage at every level in everything you do? You may be one of us.
What are we looking for?
Consulting Africa is looking for Associate Directors / Directors across Southern, East, West, and Central Africa – we are looking for Senior Leadership Professionals with proven consulting experience.
Deloitte Consulting is growing, with a focus on developing our already powerful teams. We are looking for smart, accountable, innovative professionals with deep industry experience and insights to join the world’s #1 Consulting firm.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
To lead the Service / Business Area through driving and implementation of strategy, revenue generation and business growth
Qualifications & Experience required:
• Business related degree, with 10-12 years’ work experience
• 10-12 years’ work experience
• Must have subject matter expertise
• Understanding of key industry trends
• Ability to interact at all levels of the client organization
• Bachelor's Degree
• Ability to travel
• Ability to work independently, manage large engagements.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
• Willingness to mentor junior staff.
• An advanced degree is preferred
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our organization:
• Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• Deliver exceptional client service; maximize results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte; align people to objectives and set priorities and direction
Key Competencies required:
Key Performance areas
1. Strategic Impact
• Give meaningful input into the development of strategy of the Service Line / Business Area in relation to specific area of expertise
• Implements the strategy within area of business through detailed plan including:
o Client targets to achieve revenue
o Marketing plan
o People plan to deliver on goals
o Communication plan
o Contingency plan for possible additional resources e.g. contractors
o Tracking of plans
• Identifies innovative solutions to enhance / renew service offerings to market
• Heads up sales presentation teams for new and retained business
• Leads negotiations with clients
• Actively identifies multiple sales opportunities and leads pursuit process
• Leads/contributes to preparation of proposals/tenders and presentations
• Builds relationships across service lines for cross-selling opportunities and combined engagement pursuits
• Drives own client portfolio and profitable book of business
2. Client Impact: External / Internal
• Maintains high level oversight of client projects
• Develops productive, credible and trusting relationships with current and targeted clients
• Develops a network of senior-level internal relationships across Deloitte to understand other business unit offerings and market own area
• Establishes and maintains strong relationships with business leaders across industries
3. Operational Effectiveness
• Validates all SLA’s are in place and signed off by all parties
• Oversees engagement risk to ensure all required documentation and processes are completed as required by RIL
• Directs and manages complex client engagements and maintains high level oversight of all projects
• Analyses weekly/monthly reports from senior managers and approves process changes / innovative solutions on issues arising
• Drives Deloitte values of exceptional service to clients, growing the firm’s brand and talent development
4. Development/Growth of Team
• Identifies and recruits’ suitable talent for team, balancing correct levels and numbers
• Maintains succession plan for every senior/critical resource, depending on the profile / need expertise
• Mentors and develops team members on an ongoing basis and empower existing senior managers/leaders
• Maintains close working relationship with key talent
• Maintains own development and knowledge in specialised area and business
• Demonstrates commitment to transformation agenda of the firm
5. Budgets / Profitability
• Manages margins effectively through correct budgeting, pricing and profitability management
• Monitors that time and expenses to engagements are recorded and submitted weekly
• Negotiates pricing for engagements to ensure profitability whilst maintaining client interests
• Manages WIP – billings and cash collections
6. What you’ll do / Specialized Competencies
• Manage and own client conversation across the full spectrum of business
• Ability to leverage networks across to industry
• Ability to leverage internal network to develop client solutions
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
• Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model and inspires others to embrace and live our purpose and values
• Competitive Edge - Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
• Influence - Builds deep relationships across a diverse network and uses a flexible influencing style to gain buy-in and drive impact
• Performance drive - Creates opportunities to drive impact; anticipates client needs and delivers superior results by leveraging each person’s strengths to build high performing teams across businesses and borders
• Strategic direction - Translates broader strategy into a compelling team vision and goals; aligns the team and sets priorities to achieve objectives
• Talent development - Actively contributes to building the talent pipeline; creates a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains top talent and high performing teams
• Inspirational leadership - Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others
• Expert in field with in-depth industry and business knowledge
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Proven business developer, sales ability and successful negotiator
• Ability to manage and execute projects
• Demonstrated management of profitable large accounts and execution of complex projects
• Soundly skilled in providing vision and strategy for client proposals
• Excellent report writing skills
• Good financial knowledge
• Significant business acumen
Should you wish to find out more about this opportunity please contact Kim Williams (email@example.com) for more information.
Interested in becoming an Impact Maker?