Financial Services Advisory - Graduate Programme 2018
The FSA graduate programme offers you the opportunity to be rotated across all our business areas for a period of up to 18 months, giving you extensive exposure to a broad range of quantitative risk management techniques, such as risk and financial modelling, design and implementation of risk / capital / funding frameworks, stress testing, regulatory developments, financial instrument valuations and pricing.
- Assisting in the development and validation of financial and risk models.
- Other responsibilities include assisting in the creation of market leading solutions and thought leadership; building strong clients relationships and general problem solving.
- Reporting to the Senior Manager who heads up the team you’re assigned to, but also reporting to the managers leading individual projects.
What we offer:
- Unrivaled learning opportunities – because we perform consulting services, every project is different and every client is different – providing you with fresh challenges and the opportunity to rapidly expand your professional network.
- Exciting career growth prospects with remuneration to match the prospect of working closely with professionals who are leaders in their fields. The opportunity to explore less traditional actuarial fields and be involved in leading edge projects.
- A large team of professionals to support business and professional growth and provide project resources.
- The international Deloitte network provides opportunities to travel and access to International best practice.
No previous work experience is required.
Core technical skills
- Build financial and risk models
- Automate existing financial and risk models
- Perform statistical analysis (e.g. clustering and segmentation)
- Valuation of options, derivatives and exotic structures
- Perform numerical valuation techniques, including Monte Carlo and decision trees
- Construct yield curves
Experience in SAS, Matlab, C#, Python or VBA is an advantage.
- University Graduate: BSc
- Preferably Honours or Masters
- Actuarial Science, Advanced Maths of Finance / M. Phil, Electronic Engineering,
- Statistics, Business Mathematics & Informatics or other mathematical sciences degrees.
What we are looking for:
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Technical proficiency and an eagerness to expand skills and develop knowledge
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- The ability to thrive in a busy environment with multiple deliverables
- The ability to interact in a team environment
- The ability to find innovative solutions to complex and often unusual challenges
- Flexibility i.e. the ability to adapt quickly to changing environments and changing requirements
Don't Hold Back!