Financial Services Advisory
The FSA graduate programme offers you the opportunity to be rotated across all our business areas for a period of 3 years, giving you extensive exposure to a broad range of quantitative risk management techniques, such as risk and financial modelling, design and implementation of risk / capital / funding frameworks, stress testing, regulatory developments, financial instrument valuations and pricing.
Financial Services Advisory (“FS Advisory”) is an established advisor within the financial services industry. Our vision is to be the leading provider of advisory services to financial services institutions and corporate treasury operations across Africa.
Our service offering includes:
- Credit Risk
- Balance Sheet Management (Including Enterprise Risk Management, Stress-testing and Economic Value)
- Regulatory Advisory
- Regulatory Assurance6.
- IFRS Advisory
- Corporate Treasury
FS Advisory furthermore incorporate the service offering of Business Optimization Services which focuses on enabling our service offerings listed above through enhancing our clients’ processes and data management frameworks within their organisations.
The FS Advisory team comprises a strong mix of business, risk and regulatory practitioners with a technical appreciation for both financial modelling and programming disciplines. In so doing we are able to bring our clients practical solutions that look to address their end-to-end strategic and business model requirements.
- Assisting in the development and validation of financial and risk models.
- Other responsibilities include assisting in the creation of market leading solutions and thought leadership; building strong clients relationships and general problem solving
- .Reporting to the Senior Manager who heads up the team you’re assigned to, but also reporting to the managers leadingindividual projects.
What we offer
- Unrivalled learning opportunities – because we perform consulting services, every project is different and every client is different – providing you with fresh challenges and the opportunity to rapidly expand your professional network.
- Exciting career growth prospects with remuneration to match the prospect of working closely with professionals who areleaders in their fields.
- The opportunity to explore less traditional actuarial fields and be involved in leading edge projects.
- A large team of professionals to support business and professional growth and provide project resources.
- The international Deloitte network provides opportunities to travel and access to International best practice.
No previous work experience is required.
Core technical skills
- Build financial and risk models
- Automate existing financial and risk models
- Perform statistical analysis (e.g. clustering and segmentation)
- Valuation of options, derivatives and exotic structures
- Perform numerical valuation techniques, including Monte Carlo and decision trees
- Construct yield curves
- Computer literacy
- Experience in SAS, Matlab, C#, Python or VBA is an advantage.
- University Graduate: BSc
- Preferably Honours or Masters
- Actuarial Science, Advanced Maths of Finance / M. Phil, Electronic Engineering, Statistics, Business Mathematics & Informatics or other mathematical sciences degrees
Applications for the 2020 intake are now closed.