The Future of Mobility has been saved
The Future of Mobility
How transportation technology and social trends are creating a new business ecosystem
Will technological advances and shifts in social attitudes lead to our no longer owning or driving vehicles?
There is a critically important dialogue going on across the extended global automotive industry about the future evolution of transportation and mobility. This debate is driven by the convergence of a series of industry-changing forces and mega-trends.
Converging forces transforming the future evolution of automotive transportation and mobility
- Maturing powertrain technologies
- Lightweight materials
- Rapid advances in connected vehicles
- Shifts in mobility preferences
- Emergence of autonomous vehicles
At Deloitte, we’ve been engaged in a deep and broadly ranging study of the extended auto industry, the economics of alternative future states, and the potential impact of each on related industries. We have concluded that change will happen systematically—a rising tide, not a tsunami. Rather, the new personal mobility ecosystem will likely emerge unevenly across geographic, demographic, and other dimensions, and evolve in phases over time.
How can Deloitte help
Deloitte Automotive is at the forefront of this evolutionary sector. Our team is able to to assist clients better understand where they are in the ecosystem and establish strategies, consulting and advisory services on how to remain relevant even with the dynamic evolutions taking place in the sector.
- The foundation of future automotive retail
- Insuring the future of mobility + Video
- The Future of mobility + Video
- The Future of Mobility: What's next?
- Financing the future of Mobility
- The Future of Auto Retail