2020 Investment Management Outlook has been saved
2020 Investment Management Outlook
Crossing boundaries for profitable growth
Seeking growth in an increasingly dynamic and complex industry landscape, investment management firms may need to leave comfort zones behind to explore new or different avenues next year.
- The pace of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) may pick up over the coming year as investment managers look beyond their core capabilities to achieve top-line growth and extend client service offerings.
- To expand into emerging customer segments, leading firms will likely try to resonate culturally with their new customers, deliver through current or newly developed technology, and meet the changing investment expectations, such as ESG (environmental, social, and governance) principles, of these new segments.
- Private equity (PE) firms have started adopting alternative data for sourcing deals and conducting due diligence, following hedge fund and long-only managers.
- Adopting and using insights from alternative data sets for managing and transforming portfolio companies can be a game changer for PE firms.
- In 2020, Deloitte expects leading investment management firms to cross the boundary from traditional cost-efficiency projects into a save-to-transform approach, increasing competitive advantage in the process.
Click here to read more