Five questions on business risks related to water and other critical resources has been saved
Five questions on business risks related to water and other critical resources
Water is something most of us take for granted. However, as demand for water continues to rise, more and more companies are learning that water is a finite resource and that water scarcity may have a big impact on the bottom line. In some cases it can even threaten a company’s ability to operate, as well as its reputation.
In this issue of Risk Angles, William Sarni, director, Deloitte Consulting LLP, offers his thoughts on some questions commonly asked about water-related business risk. Then, Christopher Park, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP and leader in the area of Enterprise Sustainability, adds his perspective on the broader issue of risks related to sustainability and resource scarcity.
This Risk Angle answers the following questions
- What does water have to do with business risk?
- Why is this an issue I should address now?
- What are the risks of ignoring the problem?
- Water scarcity has yet to affect my business or customers. Do I still need to take action?
- What's the best way to get started?
It also takes a closer look at ways to manage risks related to resource scarcity and sustainability