Optimizing value from capital projects Bookmark has been added
Optimizing value from capital projects
Major projects of this scale often have a capital value greater than the turnover of many large, listed companies and it can often feel like a high-wire act to lead them to a successful conclusion.
Capital projects represent a major investment for any organization and are becoming increasingly complex in many sectors. Common challenges include:
- Establishing the optimum delivery strategy and governance structures
- Accessing the appropriate finance to maintain competitive advantage
- Allocating investment efficiently to maximize benefits, mitigate risks, and remove waste
- Managing increasingly diverse stakeholder relationships and greater public scrutiny
- Creating and maintaining oversight and foresight through information management
- Controlling cost and improving value for money
- Managing projects with unique cultural, regulatory, and contractual risks
- Delivering an operation, not just an asset — achieving operational readiness to deliver an integrated, effective operation from day one
Enhancing performance across the project lifecycle
Deloitte’s market-leading Infrastructure & Capital Projects (I&CP) team has helped set up, build and operate many of the world’s largest and most complex capital projects. The team offers a unique blend of financial, operational and technical services across the entire project lifecycle.
Thanks to the breadth of our I&CP team's experience across the infrastructure sector and the depth of our capabilities, the team is in a unique position to offer a service that provides an exceptional level of insight and an over-arching view of the issues that will block or drive the success of major projects.
Making a success of multi-billion dollar projects that extend over several years is 50% competence and 50% confidence. Deloitte provides clients with both.