Metals has been saved
In an increasingly competitive environment, steel and metals companies are searching for innovative ways to gain competitive advantage. Using Deloitte's expansive global network, expertise and practical knowledge, we are helping these companies meet their project aspirations and goals.
Deloitte has a significant local and global presence within the metals sector, including audit, tax and advisory services. More specifically, we are proud to state that Deloitte member firms provide professional services to:
- 60% of the top 10 global steel producers
- Clients within all the major steel producing countries of the world
- All significant steel mills within the South African market
Through our expansive global network, thought provoking publications, surveys and reports, as well as insightful commentary, Deloitte member firms deliver innovation and practical knowledge which companies can use to improve their overall business performance.
We also monitor a range of trends and issues within the metals sub-sector, ensuring that we stay abreast with what excites and concerns our clients most, and can optimally assist them to thrive in the midst of the sector’s toughest challenges.
- Emerging markets: regional and local infrastructure spend is positive for the metals market. Chinese and now Indian demand for steel and metals is growing due to increased urbanisation
- Cost control: as a consequence of the supply / demand imbalance, managing volatile commodity and raw material prices, rationalising production facilities and sourcing cost effective and reliable supplies of both raw materials and energy, continue to receive management focus
- Consolidation in steel industry forced by factors such as technological and structural transition, and competition together with rising costs for raw materials
- Pricing: locally, the continued threat of cheap imports, significant shortage of skills and the possible threat of price regulation, add to the above challenges
Refer to the “Discover more” tab above, to find out more about some of our manufacturing insights and services.