Cyber and Crisis Management Bookmark has been added
Cyber and Crisis Management
'Cyber threats have become a "life and death" issue'. – Tim Cook (CEO of Apple)
5 Essential Truths
- Your information network will be compromised.
- Physical security and cybersecurity are increasingly linked.
- Cyber damages go beyond monetary value.
- Everything can’t be protected equally.
- Your (fire) walls are probably high enough.
5 Immediate Check Points
- Are you using techniques such as scenario planning, business impact analysis, vulnerability assessments to asses your risk exposure?
- How did you define the cyber risk management priorities, risk appetite and mechanisms of accountability for your organisation?
- Do you carefully scrutinise outsourced relationships to make sure your providers have in place robust disaster preparation and recovery plans?
- Have you created a corporate-wide cyber mind-set incorporating awareness, training and education?
- Are you asking the right questions, of the right sources – typically the CIO, CRO and CISO?
Access our latest thought leadership on cyber and crisis management