Directors' alert 2013 has been saved
Directors' alert 2013
Lead or be led
The fourth edition of the Global Center for Corporate Governance’s Directors' Alert, a global publication examining some of the top challenges likely to face companies and their boards of directors in 2013. , focuses on governance topics such as strategy, capital management, management succession, risk oversight, growth and regulation. Each article includes questions that directors may ask to further explore the issues with their own boards, as well as additional resources on each topic.
Boards of directors have an important role to play in helping their organizations determine how to respond to the new operating environment.
The 2013 Directors’ Alert, assists boards of directors in identifying the issues of importance to their organizations for 2013. The report promotes boardroom discussions around the strategies that management has put forward to address key challenges and seize opportunities that lie ahead.
The report outlines 10 key issues that boards of directors may face in 2013:
- Finding the best value for cash
- Getting ahead of the next regulatory wave
- Developing risk-aligned strategies
- Strategy the key to winning the war for talent
- Expecting the unexpected
- Will your organization innovate its way to growth?
- Creating an environment for superior performance
- Cutting through the “white noise” in performance reporting
- The board’s number one priority
- Maintaining long-term consistency and short-term flexibility
The report includes insights from governance specialists from Deloitte member firms (“Deloitte”) around the globe – Asia, the Middle East, Europe, South Africa and the Americas. These specialists have applied local and international perspectives on top boardroom priorities within the context of today’s business environment.