Software asset management (SAM) has been saved
Software asset management (SAM)
Getting smart about a new engine for IT business value
Keeping track of owned licenses and software deployment is exponentially difficult, as increasing data, apps, and process automation drive enterprise success
Software holds a key role in business management, but with so much going on in today’s hyper-connected environment more than just cost implications are at risk.
Discover the Software Asset Management (SAM) strategies that Technology, Media, and Telecommunications (TMT) IT leaders are using to control software expenses, capitalise on volume discounts, avoid noncompliance with licensing contracts, and deploy software more efficiently. There is a new path to value for IT leaders, and understanding the complexities involved in taking this new path requires careful review of key issues.
What issues does this address?
- The article focuses on four key observations:
- Convergence with IT asset/service management
- An opportunity to tighten cybersecurity
- When others manage the infrastructure: moving licenses to the cloud, outsourcing data centers
- Software as a service: subscription model considerations