Technological Optimisation has been saved
‘Information technology and business are becoming inextricably interwoven. I don't think anybody can talk meaningfully about one without the talking about the other’. – Bill Gates (Co–founder, Chairman and past CEO of Microsoft)
5 Essential Truths
- Technology is a disrupter and enabler – it transforms and destroys business models and competitive advantage.
- Technology and data are probably dispersed and silo’ed across your organisation.
- Technology could be hampering your ability to grow across markets, channels and customers.
- The CIOs should be able to respond to the rapidly changing environment through the right skills, structures and technology.
- Technology should be seen as a value creator rather than a value inhibitor.
5 Immediate Check Points
- Is your technology investment working harder for you - driving up profit, driving down cost?
- Is your IT strategy is aligned to the business strategy and governed by an IT/Data Governance Steering Committee?
- Does the IT/Data Governance Steering Committee has a business point of view – also do you challenge the CIO to think about business value?
- Does IT enable the management of risk and controls?
- Are large IT transformational projects implemented in such a way that they provide return on investment throughout the project rather than just at the end?