Associate Director Debt & Capital Advisory
For the last 11 years Craig has been providing independent strategic financing, debt and capital structure advisory services to middle market and large corporates, arranging and executing debt and equity capital raising solutions for them, and assisting them with any financial risk management needs they may have. Craig is an investment banker by training, having worked for Standard Bank CIB, Absa Capital and Deutsche Bank before moving into advisory services.
- Strategic capital and debt structure advisory: Assisted various corporates to optimise their balance sheets through the identification of the appropriate level of debt, and its structure (including the relevant sources, types, maturities, currencies and credit priorities).
- Capital raising: Provided capital raising advisory services to various clients across different industries in both the public, banking and private debt markets.
- Strategic financial risk management: Assisted various clients in the identification of the key financial risks arising from active balance sheet management, and the mitigation of these risks.
- Financial modelling: Developed sophisticated bespoke financial models to assist in capital and debt structure and financial risk management analysis.
- Transfer pricing of debt advisory: Assisted the Deloitte tax team in the provision of thin capitalisation advisory services to various multi-national corporates who provide intercompany cross-border financing to their subsidiaries.
- Restructuring advisory: Provided debt and strategic options advice to clients in the construction, agriculture and transportation industries.