Deloitte Africa Board Chair
5 Magwa Crescent
Delia has enjoyed a remarkable career with Deloitte. She was appointed a Director in Tax in June 2004 and has occupied numerous leadership roles over her tenure including:
- In June 2008 she was appointed as Business Unit leader of Global Employer Services (GES) in the Tax & Legal Business.
- Also in June 2008, she earned the distinguished role of serving on the Young Partners Advisory Council where she played a role in advising the then Global DTTL CEO at the time on talent matters.
- In June 2009, she was appointed to lead the Public Sector initiative for the South African Tax & Legal practice.
In 2010 she relocated to the UK where her cherished sponsor found her a role in the Deloitte UK GES team where she gained valuable experience providing solutions to multinationals managing large mobility programmes. She also provided services to numerous Executives of companies and Expatriates. Furthermore, she supported the UK firm’s Africa desk initiatives.
In January 2013, Delia returned home to South Africa to take up the role of head of the GES Advisory team and represented the Tax business on the Africa Operations Committee under the Africa COO’s leadership. In addition, Delia led the Africa Tax desk where, together with the firm’s multidisciplinary teams, she assisted many multinational companies expanding into Africa.
In June 2018, Delia was promoted to Africa Tax & Legal Managing Director. She has also represented Africa Tax & Legal on the Global Tax & Legal Executive. Since June 2018, the business has achieved the following :
- Developed a strong, diverse and inclusive culture within the Africa Tax & Legal business.
- Implemented strategies to ensure the longevity and sustainability of the Tax & Legal business supported by Exco and Global.
- In 2021, the International Tax Review announced that Deloitte Africa Tax & Legal is the Africa Tax Firm of the Year and;
- As part of the EMEA region, Deloitte Africa also won the Tax Technology Provider of the Year and the Tax Compliance and Reporting Firm of the Year.
- Further, eleven women including Delia have been recognised and listed in the Women in Tax Leaders Guide 2021 by the International Tax Review.
Delia attributes a large part of her growth in the firm to the many mentors, coaches and sponsors in Deloitte Africa and the UK who encouraged and supported her to continue working for the firm whilst completing post graduate studies including Hdip Tax law (UJ) and MBA(Wits) on a part time basis. Furthermore, they encouraged her to seize the opportunities provided by the firm to participate in numerous Advanced leadership courses. This has inspired her to continue being passionate about paying it forward and mentoring many talented individuals both internally and externally.
Delia is energised by making a difference that matters to society through her involvement with NGOs including the Wings of Hope school, Orlando Children’s home which is in Soweto where she grew up, the Thuli Madonsela Social Justice Foundation and serving as a Commercial Member occasionally advising Judges at the Tax Court. She is also trained as a Lifeline lay counsellor and continues to support Lifeline in various capacities.