Deloitte GCC Powers of Construction 2015
Construction - The economic barometer for the region
The report is the sixth in its series, produced based on information gathered from surveys, internal data, and supported by interviews conducted with prominent industry leaders from the region.
This year’s edition defines the construction sector as an economic barometer for the GCC region, showcasing the interconnection between the construction industry and the wellbeing of the GCC economies.
Moreover, the publication dwells on various topics and issues facing the construction industry in a region where demand for construction and its allied services is currently at its greatest.
Using experience gained through working with the region’s leading organizations, who are delivering this agenda, this year’s articles and interviews give insight on how current challenges facing the industry are being met, and what will the enduring impact of the maturing GCC market be over the coming years.
The report includes the following:
- Analysis of projects planned and underway in the GCC
- China State Construction - Our Middle East journey - CSCEC ME interview
- Challenges and developments in the Qatar construction market - QSE interview
- DAMAC’s view on Dubai’s real estate and hospitality markets - DAMAC Properties interview
- Get it right the first time – A view from the president of HBK Group - HBK interview
- Development for sustained economic growth - The tale of a visionary Emirate
- Construction C-suite survey
- A KSA infrastructure boom - Absorbing the economic impact
- The changing focus of airport investment - The facilitator of economic progress
- GCC building materials industry set to be challenged by the emerging trends in 2015
- Developing debt and capital markets for funding infrastructure projects
- Towards a project delivery focus - FIDIC in the Middle East