Reporting an ethics complaint
Deloitte has made integrity, quality awareness, compliance and ethical conduct its priority. To this end, it has put in place a complaints procedure. This procedure is the elaboration of or a supplement to the applicable laws and regulations, internal and external rules, codes, and procedures.
Who can use the complaints procedure?
Deloitte employees, clients and third parties can submit a complaint.
Complaints may relate to:
- Deloitte’s regular services
- transgressive behaviour, such as sexual and other types of harassment, violence, discrimination, or bullying
- other objectionable actions
The Ethics Officer deals with complaints within the scope of the complaints procedure. The Ethics Officer has a right to provide advice and is obliged to investigate and handle complaints confidentially and with due care. Ethics Officer and his team are bound by strict rules of confidentiality.
Please read the following information carefully before submitting a complaint:
- Complaints can only be handled if they are properly substantiated. When submitting a complaint, make sure to append a clear, written substantiation.
- Complaints should basically first be brought to the attention of the professional who is directly involved or their immediate partner. If the complaint is not dealt with satisfactorily, you can turn to the Ethics Officer. Notwithstanding the above, a complaint can be submitted directly to the Ethics Officer and/or a complaint can be handled anonymously if there is a compelling reason to do so.
- The possibility to investigate and deal with verbal complaints, untraceable complaints, and external anonymous complaints will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Deloitte Speak Up
Deloitte Speak Up is Deloitte’s hotline for confidentially reporting undesirable conduct or suspicions thereof and for asking questions about rules of conduct and integrity. The hotline is available 24/7, 365 days a year. Since an independent party manages the hotline, confidentiality and (if so desired) anonymity are guaranteed. Deloitte Speak Up is available to Deloitte’s employees, suppliers, business relationships, and third parties. You can share your concerns or ask questions at http://deloittespeakup.ethicspoint.com/.