Tax & Legal News Kosova
Most relevant updates
Legal News September 2019
In the Legal News attached please find a summary of the legal amendments published in the Official Gazettes during the month of September 2019:
- Administrative instruction (MIA) nr.09/2019 on the procedure and criteria for issuing residence permits for foreigners (“Administrative Instruction”);
- Regulation on late payment of credit instruments by the Central Bank of the Republic of Kosovo’.
Legal News August 2019
In the Legal News attached please find a summary of the legal amendments published in the Official Gazettes during the month of August 2019:
- Financial Agreement on IPA 2019, Part One between Kosovo and the European Union.
Legal News July 2019
In the Legal News attached please find a summary of the legal amendments published in the Official Gazettes during the month of July 2019:
- Agreement on economic cooperation between the Ministry of Trade and Industry of the Republic of Kosovo and the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic;
- Law no. 06 / L-120 amending and supplementing Law No.04 / L-065 on Copyright and Related Rights as amended by Law No.05 / L-047.
Legal News April 2019
- Administrative Instruction No.01/2019 “On setting forth the requirements, conditions and procedures for the creation of the unique identification number”.
Legal News February 2019
- Law No. 06/L-082 on Protection of Personal Data (hereinafter the “Law”).
Legal News October 2018
- The Administrative Instruction No. 09/2018 on Determining symbols for geographical indications, designation of origin and guaranteed traditional specialties.
- Law No. 06/L-090 on Ratification of the financial agreement for IPA 2017, Part One, between The Republic of Kosova and the European Union.
- The Administrative Instruction No. 11/2018 on determination of fees for services provided by the Business Registration Agency.
Legal News September 2018
- Agreement between The Government of Kosova and The Government of Montenegro on International Road Transport of Passengers and Goods.
- Administrative Instruction (ICMM. AI. No.04/2018) on Agreement Deferments and Exemption Royalty.
Legal News August 2018
- Law No./L-009 on Mediation
- Convention between The Republic of Kosova and The Republic of Austria for the elimination of double taxation with respect to taxes on income and prevention of tax evasion and avoidance
- Law No. 06-L080 on the Ratification of the agreement between Kosovo and the European Union on the participation of Kosovo in the Union Programme “Competitiveness of small enterprises and Small and Medium- sized enterprises.
- Administrative Instruction No. 07/2018 on Determination of the Licensing procedures for Entities dealing in Petroleum Sector Activities.
- Administrative instruction No. 03/2018 on the manner, procedures and deadlines for monthly payment for Employers who do not employ persons with disabilities.
Legal News - September 2017
- Administrative Instruction (GRK) No.09/2017 On Municipal Energy Offices;
- Regulation of the Central Bank of Kosovo (CBK) on the opening an closure in and outside of Kosovo of branches and other subsidiaries of insurers;
- Regulation of the Central Bank of Kosovo (CBK) on the licensing of the insurer intermediaries in Kosovo;
- Regulation of the Central Bank of Kosovo (CBK) on the licensing of
insurers and branches;
- Regulation of the Central Bank of Kosovo (CBK) on the issuance of
registration and licensing certificates;
- Regulation of the Central Bank of Kosovo (CBK) on Electronic Payment Instruments.
Legal News - August 2017
- Convention between the Government of the Republic of Kosovo and Swiss Confederation for the Avoidance of Double Taxation with respect to Taxes on income and the Prevention of Tax Evasion and Avoidance;
- Administrative Instruction (MED) No. 06/2017 on Utilization and Support of Energy Generation from Renewable Sources;
- Administrative Instruction (MED) No.07/2017 on the Level of Fuel Reserves by Electricity Generators;
Tax News - July 2017
- Administrative Instruction MoF-No.02/2017 on Transfer Pricing;
- Fiscal Package 2.0.
Legal News - May June July 2017
- Law No.05/L-118 on amending and supplementing the Law no. 04/L-139 on enforcement procedure;
- Law No. 05/L-132 on vehicles;
- Administrative Instruction No. 04/2017 on rules and measures for restricting energy supply in emergency situations
- Regulation on Value of Pension Contributions/Central Bank of the Republic of Kosovo;
- Administrative Instruction (MED) No. 05/2017 renewable energy source targets;
- Administrative Instruction MoF-No. 01/2017 on amending and supplementing the Administrative Instruction MoF-NR 01/2015 on using electronic equipment and fiscal system;
- Administrative instruction No. 07/2017 on Environmental Permits;
- Administrative Instruction No 02.2017 For a List of Hazardous Waste According to the Origin;
- Administrative Instruction No. 01/2017 For the Release of the Municipality Environmental Permit;
- Agreement between the Republic of Kosovo and Republic of Croatia For the Avoidance of Double Taxation and Prevention of Fiscal Invasion with respect to Taxes on Income and Capital;
- Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kosovo and the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany concerning financial cooperation 2016
Legal News - April 2017
- Law no. 05/L-150 on amending and supplementing the law no.03/L-209 on Central Bank of the Republic of Kosovo;
- Law no. 05/L-130 on Services;
- Law no.05L-151 on the ratification of the cooperation agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kosovo, represented by the Ministry of Economic Developments, and the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Albania, represented by the Ministry of Energy and Industry, on the exchange and/or allocation of regulatory reserve between the Transmission System Operator (OST J.S.C) and the Kosovo Transmission;
- Law no. 05/L-137 on ratification of the agreement concerning the establishment of the Western Balkan Fund;
- Law No. 05/L-127 on amending and supplementing the law no.04/L-033 on the Special Chamber of the Supreme Court of Kosovo Privatization Agency related to matters, amended and supplemented with law no.04/L-246;
- Law no. 05/l -157 on ratification of the financing agreement for water security and Iber Lepenc Canal protection project between the Republic of Kosovo and International Development Association.
Legal News - March 2017
- Administrative Instruction No. 01/2017 On the Promotion of Joint Regional Investments in the Energy Sector;
- Administrative instruction No. 02/2017 on the Responsibilities, Mandate and Work of the Appealing Committee under the Industrial Property Agency;
- Regulation No. 02/2017 On the Protection of employees form risk related to noise at the work place;
- Regulation No. 01/2017 On the Protection of employees form risk related to vibration at the work place;
Legal News - February 2017
- Law No. 05/L-119 On Amending and Supplementing the Law. No. 05/L-043 On Public Debt Forgiveness;
- Law No. 05/L-116 On Amending and Supplementing the Law No. 04/L-101 On Pension Funds of Kosovo, Amended and Supplemented by the Law No. 04/L-115 And Law No. 04/L-168;
- Law No. 05/L-100 On State Aid;
- Law No. 05/L-095 On Academy of Justice;
- Law No. 05/L-079 On Strategic Investments in the Republic of Kosovo;
- Regulation (MLSW) No. 05/2016 on Minimum Requirements Regarding Occupational Safety and Health of Employees at Risk from Explosive Atmospheres;
- Regulation (MLSW) No. 06/2016 on the Minimum Safety Health Requirements for Work with Display Screen Equipment;
Legal News - December 2016
- Law No. 05/L-101 On Energy Performance of buildings
- Law No. 05/L-124 On Ratification of the financing agreement for IPA 2015 between Kosovo and the European Union;
- Administrative Instruction No. 16/2016 on defining procedures for registration pledge, fees and other services;
- Administrative Instruction No. 06/2016 On Amending and Supplementing the administrative instruction No. 03/2015 for implementation of the Law No. 05/L-037 On the value added tax;
- Regulation on the sale of vehicle compulsory insurance and the management of the expenses of the insurers;
- Regulation on investment of the assets covering technical and mathematical provision and investment of the charter capital for insurers;
Legal News - November 2016
- Law No. 05/L – 120 “On TREPÇA”
- Law Nо. 05/L-010 “On Kosovo Property Comparison And Verification Agency”
- Law No. 05/L-11- “On Late Payments in Commercial Transactions”
- Law No. 05/L – 066 “On the Regulated Professions in the Republic of Kosovo”
- Law No. 05/L – 024 For Emergency Medical Service
- Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kosovo and the Government of the United Arab Emirates on the Mutual Promotion and Protection of Investments
- Regulation on Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing
- Regulation on Reporting of Supplementary Pension Funds
- Regulation MESP No. 03/2016 for Minimum Technical Standards for Residential Buildings in Condominium Regulation on the Custodian of Pension Assets
- Regulation No. 04/2016 On Minimum Requirements for the Provisions of Safety and Health Signs at Work
- Regulation No. 02/2016 On Minimum Safety and Health Requirements for the use of personal protective Equipment at the work place
- Regulation No. 03/2016 On Minimum Safety and Health Requirements for the protection of employees regarding manual handling of loads
Legal News - October 2016
- Administrative Instruction No. 12/2016 on defining the procedure for digitalization of scanned basic civil status registers
- Administrative Instruction No. 13/2016 “On equipping with ID Card, passport and driving license with accelerated procedure”
- Administrative Instruction No. 14/2016 “On authorized destruction of public documents and official notes”
- Administrative Instruction No. 15/2016 “On the manner of establishing and functioning of business incubators”
Legal News - September 2016
- Law No.05/L-08 on Minor Offences
- Law No. 05/L-088 on Road Traffic Provisions
- Administrative Instruction No. 14/2016 on Trademark Registration
Legal News - August 2016
- Law No. 05/L-096 on the Prevention of Money Laundering and Combating Terrorist Financing
- Law No. 05/L – 031 on General Administrative Procedure
- Administrative Instruction No. 2016/01 On Licensing foreign Auditors and foreign Audit Firms
- Law No 05/L-083 on Bankruptcy
Tax & Legal News February 2016
- Double Taxation Treaty Between Kosovo and Turkey
- Double Taxation Treaty Between Kosovo and the United Kingdom
- The new Double Tax Treaty with Kosovo effective of 01.01.2016
Tax & Legal News - October 2015
- Administrative Instruction 03/2015 on implementing Law Nr. 05/L-037 on VAT
Tax & Legal News - August 2015
- Notice for Publicly Owned Enterprises – Taxable amount for VAT supplies
- Public Explanatory Decision No. 1/2015 on Indirect Audit Methods
- Double Taxation Treaty between Kosovo and United Kingdom
Tax & Legal News - May 2015
- Administrative Instruction MF No. 01/2015 on the Use of Fiscal Electronic Devices and Systems
- Public Explanatory Decision No. 6/2014 on Taxation of Pensions in Case of Withdrawal from KPST
- Reduction in the Interest Rates for Delayed Tax/ Contributions Payments
- Proposed Amendments to Tax Laws
Legal News - December 2014
- Public Explanatory Decision No. 5/2014 on Tax Treatment of Benefits in Nature/Meals for the Employees
- Public Explanatory Decision No. 4/2014 on Customs Assessments and Reassessments
Tax & Legal News - New Tax Laws
A new fiscal package in the form of revised tax laws was passed by the Kosovo Assembly and the relevant legislation is now published in the Official Gazette of the Republic of Kosovo.
The new Law 05/L-037 on VAT includes several significant changes from the previous VAT law (Law 03/L-146 as amended by Law 03/L-197 and Law 04/L-108). Most notably, the standard VAT rate will increase from 16% to 18%, the reduced VAT rate of 8% will apply for certain goods and services and the VAT registration threshold will decrease from EUR 50,000 to EUR 30,000. A sub-legal act on the implementation of the provisions contained in this law will be published by the Minister of Finance within 1 year of its entry into force.
The new Law 05/L-029 on CIT also contains numerous changes to CIT provisions, such as those regulating allowance for bad debts and further clarifies the list of disallowed expenses and deductions for marketing and representation expenses. It also provides for an increased allowance of contributions in the public interest from 5% to 10% (with a possibility of an additional 10% allowance), whereas tax loss carry forwards are reduced from 7 to 6 years and withholding tax at 3% will be applied on certain payments made to non-business persons. As with the previous CIT law, dividends received by resident and non-resident persons continue to remain tax-exempt and certain tax breaks and incentives for new businesses will be introduced in a sub-legal act that will be published latest by 31 December 2015.
Similarly, Law 05/L-028 on PIT includes all of the above changes reflected in Law 05/L-029, and in addition exempts from PIT wages of persons with disabilities, assets received by way of inheritance, income obtained as a result of expropriation or legal compensation, as well as income from grants and donations. Per-diems are now taxable whereas health insurance premiums paid by an employer for an employee are exempt.
Access the links below to view tax alerts prepared by Deloitte professionals around the world.