Advanced Wireless Survey 2021 has been saved
Advanced Wireless Survey 2021
Deloitte’s study of advanced wireless adoption, Australian edition
Enterprise adoption of advanced wireless networks in Australia is accelerating and recent survey data points to opportunities for operators and service providers to evolve their offerings.
With the pandemic disrupting work and accelerating the demand for innovation, leaders are ramping up interest and investment in 5G, Wi-Fi 6, and other advanced wireless technologies. Our Australian edition of Deloitte’s global Advanced Wireless Survey explores this rapid shift and provides a baseline for enterprises to better understand the application and benefits of next-generation wireless technologies, the pace of adoption and the challenges that can arise in deployment, operation and maintenance.
Explore the Australian findings and the global report below.
Key findings from our Australian respondents include:
- CIOs (69%) followed by CEOs (51%) are identified as the roles most responsible for leading organisations to adopt new wireless networks.
- Next-generation networks are here to stay with 38% of Australian enterprises already deploying 5G within business units or enterprise-wide, and 54% are preparing to use, or start pilots of 5G in the next 12 months.
- Australian enterprises are planning to spend an average of $68 million on advanced wireless technologies over the next three years, with a key driver being increased ability to respond to business disruptions like COVID-19.
- 75% say that next-generation networks will be critically important for enhancing customer interactions in the next three years.
- Looking ahead to 2024, all of our survey respondents expect to deploy 5G in their enterprise, with 71% saying it will be critical for their strategic business initiatives.
- Australian enterprises are looking to benefit from better customer interactions, new products and services, and cost efficiencies that come with deployment of advanced wireless networks.
- Top four concerns with new wireless technologies are cyber security, compatibility with existing systems, maturity of the technologies and difficulty identifying the right use cases.
In Q4 of 2020 (during the COVID-19 pandemic) Deloitte surveyed more than 400 executives globally, 50 of those in Australia, with the responsibility for adopting, or planning to adopt, 5G and/or Wi-Fi 6.
The Australian survey captured the responses across a range of sectors – Financial Services (41%), Retail (20%), Manufacturing (14%), Healthcare (13%) and other (12%). The largest cohort of responses came from companies that typically employ between 1,000-5,000 employees (41%) with annual revenues between USD $1Billion to USD $5Billion (43%), reflecting the significant influence of these technologies on mid-large scale enterprises. CIOs/CTOs accounted for the largest percentage of respondents (53%) followed by Senior Vice Presidents or equivalent (22%) within these organisations.
The Future of Connectivity
Deloitte can help you answer important questions about the role of connectivity in your organisation’s future. And we can help you act. Our Network Centre of Excellence offers comprehensive solutions that can address your business and technology objectives across a wide range of needs, including 5G strategy, spectrum planning and deployment, IoT network and platform enablement, and ecosystem business design and implementation. Our approach looks across your enterprise to address your business strategy, business and operating models, capabilities, and infrastructure required to support your vision. By leveraging our deep industry experience, leading practices, preconfigured solutions, and a global network of business and technology professionals, Deloitte can help you accelerate results and deliver new value no matter where you are in your journey. To learn more reach out to one of the team or click here.