Taxation in the Oil and Gas Industry
25-26 February 2020
“Taxation in the oil and gas industry” is a comprehensive program recommended for professionals working in the petroleum industry, representing both upstream and oilfield services organizations.
The main topics of the training program cover the following:
- Introduction to the Production Sharing Agreement (PSA), Risk Service Agreement (RSA) and Host Government Agreement (HGA) regime – analysis of primary aspects, definitions, comparison of existing taxation regimes;
- Study of all essential matters for accurate calculation and reporting of profit tax liability of Contractors under PSA/RSA and MEP Participants under HGA;
- Introduction of withholding tax concept, a detailed discussion of the application of withholding tax under PSAs and RSAs and practical issues;
- Discussion of value-added tax-related subjects, such as exemption with credit (zero (0) percent rate) from VAT and its application, confirmation of VAT exemption, aspects of VAT recovery in case of non-application of VAT exemption;
- Detailed analysis of employee-related taxation matters essential for accurate calculation and declaration of personal income tax, unemployment insurance contributions, and social insurance contributions;
- Overview of customs duties, applicable exemptions, application of import and export exemption certificate and discussion of practical issues.
- Taxation under the recently signed PSAs and RSAs, differences with previous PSAs and RSAs, differences and practical issues in the taxation of foreign subcontractors with and without a legal presence in Azerbaijan under the recent PSAs and RSAs;
- Key points to be considered in the calculation of PSA and RSA Contractors’ and HGA Participants’ profit tax liability;
Participation fee per participant: AZN750+VAT
Date: 25-26 February 2020
Time: 14:00–18:00 (check-in starts at 13:30)
Venue: Deloitte office, White City Office Building 25E Nobel ave, Baku
To register, please contact Nargiz Ibrahimova by phone at +994124041210 or email email@example.com.