Accounting and Reporting Assurance Services for US Reporting Companies
Insights to help you navigate financial and non-financial reporting challenges
- Accounting Services
- Internal Control Services
- IPO Readiness and SEC Reporting Services
- Featured articles
- Key technical resources
Businesses in Switzerland across the industry spectrum look for high-quality Accounting and Reporting Assurance services to solve their US GAAP, SEC reporting and SOX internal control challenges.
Our assurance professionals offer a compelling combination of deep domain knowledge, industry specialisation, skilled application of experience, and technology & process innovations. We deliver targeted insights to help you navigate through your most urgent accounting and reporting issues. Together we anticipate changes and adapt to new requirements with industry-focused practices and innovations.
Staying ahead of new financial reporting requirements can be difficult—particularly for companies that do not have in-house resources to address complex accounting and disclosure matters. The accounting decisions organisations make can have a profound impact on how they are evaluated by stakeholders—and their overall financial stability. To enhance confidence in the accounting decisions made by Finance leaders, Deloitte provides a pragmatic, business-oriented approach that considers the holistic impact to stakeholders and the organisation. Click each tile below to learn more about our Accounting Service Assurance offerings:
On-call accounting advisory services
We offer access to the depth and breadth of our technical professionals to assist with addressing the complex US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) accounting issues. Services are provided on an “on-call” basis, making them flexible and scalable, and may cover accounting events, strategic transactions, standards implementation, and assurance and financial reporting.
• Drafting and/or reviewing accounting position papers
• Training and advising on applying U.S. GAAP and IFRS (including new accounting standards)
• Performing accounting research
• Drafting financial statement disclosures
We can help you address risk and improve reporting capabilities related to major accounting events and business transactions.
• Preparation of carve-out financial statements
• Bridging carve-out financial statements to “deal basis” financial information
• Project management office services
• Technical accounting advice where there is significant complexity and or diversity in practice
• SEC Corp Fin pre-filing submissions and waiver requests
• Preparation of registration statements
• Preparation of accounting white papers and related documentation
Accounting Standards Implementation
Deloitte is well equipped to assist companies with understanding, assessing, implementing and operationalizing complex accounting and reporting changes. These needs typically arise from shifting regulations, new accounting standards, changes to business structure, and/or capital market transactions. Deloitte can assist you in understanding what the applicable standards require, and how your company can respond. We will also assist you in planning, resourcing, and controlling the change process.
• Advice on data-gathering and maintenance processes
• Evaluation of the standard’s potential impact on your company
• Development of accounting position papers, policies, and financial statement disclosures
• Industry- and sector-specific insights
• Implementation road map development
• Project management services, support, and advice
Internal Control Services
In response to increased regulatory focus, our ICFR services explore the benefits of a proactive versus reactive system for internal controls to help your organisation improve its ICFR program—and save costs along the way. Click each tile below to learn more about our Internal Control Service Assurance offerings:
SarbanesOxley (SOX) and internal control support
For publicly traded companies, complying with the regulatory requirements of the SarbanesOxley (SOX) Act of 2002 and the 2013 COSO framework can be a challenge. Evaluating the current state, addressing framework gaps, and sustaining a sufficient internal control environment can require a significant resource investment. Deloitte can deliver meaningful insights to your organisation to consider, while also promoting flexibility and scalability.
Our services include:
• SOX readiness for companies preparing for, or having recently completed an IPO
• SOX or internal control remediation for companies with material weaknesses, significant deficiencies and/or deficiencies
• SOX testing to support Management’s Report on Internal Control Over Financial Reporting
• Internal control implementation associated with changes in finance or accounting (e.g., new accounting standards, unusual transactions, new ERP systems)
• Training on SOX compliance and internal controls
• Integration of internal control frameworks as part of post-merger integration
• SOX or internal control framework rationalisation
Remediation and Restatement Services
Whether a company finds itself working to proactively prevent a financial statement failure or to reactively address a complicated matter such as a restatement or material weakness, this offering includes a comprehensive list of services that can be customized to assist a company in charting a successful path forward through a number of complex accounting issues. As a credible and experienced one-stop-shop, we offer the accounting services that a company may need in most cases to restore confidence in its financial statements. We can provide clients with accounting assistance, forensic accounting support, and we can serve as an advisor for management and audit committees. Further, we can assist with root cause analysis, benchmarking, financial reporting and draft filings, assessment of internal controls, development of remediation plans, and more.
Designing New Controls and Frameworks to support the implementation of new accounting standards
When a company adopts new accounting standards, the addition of new key controls is required. It can be a daunting task to determine the appropriate key controls that are precise enough to address the risks of material misstatement associated with the implementation of the standard as well as new required disclosures. Our Deloitte professionsals can assist your Company in designing new key, relevant controls to address the risks of material misstatement and ensure that the new required disclsoures are complete and accurate.
IPO Readiness and SEC Reporting Services
Learn how Deloitte can help you address risk and improve reporting capabilities related to major accounting events and business transactions. Click each tile below to learn more about our IPO Readiness and SEC Reporting Services offerings:
For privately held companies, going public could yield tangible, financial value. When considering an initial public offering (IPO), account for the impact on all areas of the company to create the competence, confidence, and performance to enhance the value of the IPO. We can call on our deep and diverse experience to tailor an approach that fits your specific needs in preparing for your IPO, regardless of the stage of your company’s readiness. We look forward to helping you map each step on the path to your IPO and beyond.
Deloitte can help you address risk and improve reporting capabilites through the following IPO execution offerings:
• IPO readiness assessments
• Form S-1 preparation
• Gap analysis and remediation
• Accounting policy development and documentation
• Activity prioritization
• Disclosure drafting
• IPO roadmap development
• Preparation of MD&A and pro-forma information
• Project planning
• Tax operating model or outsourcing
SEC Reporting Services
Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting and disclosure requirements can be complex and difficult for companies of all sizes. Deloitte provides services that are valuable for entities that are already filing with the SEC, as well as those that are contemplating an initial public offering (IPO). Our services help companies understand and comply with the disclosure requirements for an initial registration statement and ongoing reporting requirements.
• Financial statement and footnote disclosure review
• Comment letter review and response (including drafting responses)
• Pre-filing submissions with the SEC’s Division of Corporation Finance on form and content matters or financial statement waiver requests
• Technical accounting advice where there is significant complexity and or diversity in practice
• Peer/industry benchmarking
• Drafting footnotes / footnote effectiveness assessment
• Non-GAAP measures, compliance review and assessment
Deloitte's XBRL data quality services are tailored to individual companies and designed to meet the needs of management and audit committees. Our flexible approach can scale up or down to meet your specific engagement needs and objectives. Our professionals offer extensive XBRL experience, are industry specialists, have experience advising registrants in all phases, and can help you as you seek to reduce the risk of filing errors and increase data accuracy. Improve transparency and operational efficiency through eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) services, including software vendor assessment, training, and data-quality review.
Assessing and implementing XBRL is a new process for most companies, we can assist clients with:
• Explaining to management the applicable XBRL statutory or other reporting requirements
• Analyzing and commenting on the client’s integration of XBRL into the current reporting processes
• Providing sample planning roadmaps outlining typical XBRL reporting processes
• Providing detailed data quality reviews to identify potential compliance issues in XBRL data files
• Delivering recommendations and process enhancements to reduce future compliance issues
• Providing advice to management as they implement, or engage a third party to implement, XBRL reporting
• Training resources on detailed technical XBRL reporting practices
• Benchmarking XBRL reporting and underlying disclosure data against peers
No search results found.
Key technical resources