Who we are and what we do
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Learn more about our global network and Deloitte Switzerland below.
Deloitte is a leading accounting and advisory company in Switzerland and provides industry-specific services in the areas of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. With around 2,200 employees at six locations in Basel, Berne, Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano and Zurich (headquarters), Deloitte serves companies and institutions of all legal forms and sizes in all industry sectors. During the last six years alone, Deloitte Switzerland created over 600 jobs becoming a leading employer in Switzerland.
Deloitte Switzerland is an affiliate of Deloitte North and South Europe, a member firm of the global network of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL). Deloitte Switzerland is an audit firm recognised and supervised by the Federal Audit Oversight Authority (FAOA) and the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA).
What we do
Our purpose at Deloitte is to make an impact that matters to our clients, our people and society. Guided by our global shared values, we strive to be an inclusive and purpose-led employer and responsible citizen, empowering our people to grow and help create a better future through our WorldClimate and WorldClass programmes.
We work with our clients to help them identify and solve complex issues, and we provide insight and opinion on marketplace developments that are impacting both national and global organisations in Switzerland.
In recent years, Deloitte Switzerland made significant strategic investments in integrating transformational technologies and data analytics into its solutions to drive greater value for clients. Deloitte further grew its business, its people, and the impact the firm has on its clients and the society through:
- Capitalising on Deloitte’s global alliances with leading digital innovators including Apple, Google, Amazon WebServices, Facebook, HP, SAP, and Salesforce to help Swiss clients address their toughest business transformation and technology challenges.
- Working closely with the Deloitte global network, the UK firm and local regulators to match the audit of the future to the evolving needs and complexity of stakeholders and society; whilst also continuing to invest in training and technology to help our audit professionals deliver high-quality audits.
- Bringing Switzerland’s Board, CFO and CIO communities even closer together, providing platforms to exchange ideas and experiences on organisations’ most pressing challenges, from accelerating technology-enabled business transformation and building tomorrow’s workforce and workplace, to responding to the fast-paced changes in global mobility and the global tax, risk and regulatory landscapes.
- Leveraging Deloitte’s global network of offices and technology delivery centres to better serve clients’ increasingly global and digitally-connected structures.
At 31 May 2021, Deloitte Switzerland had achieved net revenue of CHF 506.3 million (+ 0.2%). This is a new all-time high and marks the continuation of Deloitte’s growth path over the last decade, as the professional services firm continues to invest in its audit footprint, each of its businesses, and its people. The firm’s Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal business areas all contributed to the firm’s performance. Among the sectors driving Deloitte’s growth were industrial products, consumer, life sciences and health care, and financial services.
Ethics and integrity
Integrity, quality and professional behaviour are at the heart of Deloitte’s operations.
Our Shared Values and Global Principles of Business and Supplier Conduct are the foundation of our culture, shaping who we are, what we believe and how we behave.
Learn more about the culture of ethics and integrity at Deloitte.
Deloitte’s global network
“Deloitte” is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services to selected clients. Deloitte has more than 310’000 professionals at member firms in more than 150 countries and territories. Revenue for the fiscal year 2020 were US$47.6 billion, a 5.5 percent increase from the year before.
A story that matters
We believe that we’re only as good as the good we do.
All the facts and figures that talk of our size, diversity and years of history, as notable and important as they may be, are secondary to the truest measure of Deloitte: the impact we make in the world.
So, when people ask, “what’s different about Deloitte?” the answer resides in the many specific examples of where we have helped Deloitte member firm clients, our people, and sections of society to achieve remarkable goals, solve complex problems or make meaningful progress. Deeper still, it is the beliefs, behaviours and fundamental sense of purpose that underpin all that we do.
With 175 years of hard work and commitment to making a real difference, our organisation has grown in scale and diversity, yet our shared culture remains the same.
For us, good isn’t good enough. We aim to be the best at all that we do—to help clients realise their ambitions; to make a positive difference in society; and to maximise the success of our people. This drive fuels the commitment and humanity that run deep through our every action.
That’s what makes us truly different at Deloitte. Not how big we are, where we are, nor what services we offer. What really defines us is our drive to make an impact that matters in the world.
Global Report 2021
Explore Deloitte’s Global Report 2021 on any device to learn more about how Deloitte is making a difference for business and society.
Previous Annual Reviews
- Press release - Swiss Annual Review 2020
- Press release - Swiss Annual Review 2019
- Swiss Annual Review 2018 (PDF)
Press release - Swiss Annual Review 2018
- Swiss Annual Review 2017 (PDF)
Press release - Swiss Annual Review 2017
- Swiss Annual Review 2016 (PDF)
Press release - Swiss Annual Review 2016