Who we are and what we do
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Learn more about our global network and Deloitte Switzerland below.
Deloitte is a leading accounting and advisory company in Switzerland and provides industry-specific services in the areas of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. With more than 1,900 employees at six locations in Basel, Berne, Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano and Zurich (headquarters), Deloitte serves companies and institutions of all legal forms and sizes in all industry sectors.
Deloitte Switzerland is an affiliate of Deloitte North West Europe, a member firm of the global network of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL). Deloitte Switzerland is an audit firm recognised and supervised by the Federal Audit Oversight Authority (FAOA) and the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA).
What we do
Our purpose at Deloitte is to make an impact that matters to our clients, our people and society. We work with our clients to help them identify and solve complex issues, and we provide insight and opinion on marketplace developments that are impacting both national and global organisations in Switzerland.
In FY18, Deloitte Switzerland made significant strategic investments in integrating transformational technologies and data analytics into its solutions to drive greater value for clients. Deloitte further grew its business, its people, and the impact the firm has on its clients and the society through:
- Capitalising on Deloitte’s global alliances with leading digital innovators including Apple, Amazon Web Services, Facebook, McLaren, HP and SAP to help Swiss clients address their toughest business transformation and technology challenges.
- With Deloitte Garage, creating a platform for clients to experience new business models and solutions – from testing blockchain applications to helping leaders transition into new roles – alongside our own learning in the newly built incubator and insights spaces for Deloitte practitioners.
- Working closely with the Deloitte global network and local regulators to match the audit of the future to the evolving needs and complexity of stakeholders and society; whilst also continuing to invest in training and technology to help our audit professionals deliver high quality audits.
- Bringing Switzerland’s Board, CFO and CIO communities even closer together, providing platforms to exchange ideas and experiences on organisations’ most pressing challenges, from accelerating technology-enabled business transformation and building tomorrow’s workforce and workplace, to responding to the fast-paced changes in global mobility and the global tax, risk and regulatory landscapes.
- Leveraging Deloitte’s global network of offices and technology delivery centres to better serve clients’ increasingly global and digitally-connected structures.
In the 2018 fiscal year ended 31 May 2018, Deloitte Switzerland increased its net revenue from CHF 439 million to CHF 475 million, marking the continuation of Deloitte’s exceptional growth path in Switzerland over the last decade. All business areas – Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal – contributed to the 8.2% year-on-year growth. Among the industries driving Deloitte’s growth in FY18 were consumer & industrial products, life sciences and financial services.
Deloitte’s global network
“Deloitte” is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services to selected clients. Deloitte has more than 286,000 professionals at member firms in more than 150 countries and territories. Revenues for fiscal year 2018 were US$43.2 billion.
A story that matters
We believe that we’re only as good as the good we do.
All the facts and figures that talk of our size, diversity and years of history, as notable and important as they may be, are secondary to the truest measure of Deloitte: the impact we make in the world.
So, when people ask, “what’s different about Deloitte?” the answer resides in the many specific examples of where we have helped Deloitte member firm clients, our people, and sections of society to achieve remarkable goals, solve complex problems or make meaningful progress. Deeper still, it is the beliefs, behaviours and fundamental sense of purpose that underpin all that we do.
With over 150 years of hard work and commitment to making a real difference, our organisation has grown in scale and diversity, yet our shared culture remains the same.
For us, good isn’t good enough. We aim to be the best at all that we do—to help clients realize their ambitions; to make a positive difference in society; and to maximize the success of our people. This drive fuels the commitment and humanity that run deep through our every action.
That’s what makes us truly different at Deloitte. Not how big we are, where we are, nor what services we offer. What really defines us is our drive to make an impact that matters in the world.
Global Report 2018
Explore Deloitte’s Global Report 2018 on any device to learn more about how Deloitte is making a difference for business and society.Explore