Apply for a job in Audit
Play a key role in creating trust, insights and managing risk
Working as an auditor at Deloitte is so much more than just crunching numbers. It’s about making the world a safer place. You too can shape the future of Audit and help clients, markets and our society to overcome many of today’s pressing challenges and risks.
As part of the Audit team, you will get involved in every aspect of our clients' business from their funding, creating strategies for business operations to evaluating their sustainability targets. You’ll work in diverse teams of Deloitte professionals and have structured learning and growth paths (e.g. Swiss CPA / Wirtschaftsprüfer).
Deloitte serves a global portfolio in a variety of industries – from big pharma to public institutions and smaller private companies.
You bring the ambition; we provide the opportunities.
A versatile job with new challenges every day
Let’s be clear: a job in audit means you play a key role in enabling confidence in investors and all stakeholders by managing the financial information prepared by our clients. It also means facing new challenges – and opportunities – every day. You’ll gain thorough insights into the controls and processes of a wide range of companies using various tools to examine, observe and understand the inner workings of their organisations. Every one of our clients faces a different range of (financial) risks, which our auditors first identify and then design tailored procedures to address these risks and examine company-relevant financial issues. In cross-border engagements, you will collaborate with colleagues from the Deloitte international network, working in culturally diverse teams. We truly believe that innovation comes from the diverse backgrounds, disciplines and perspectives of our people. By joining one of our Audit teams, you will be able to bring in your ideas and insights to innovate the way we audit.
A wide range of opportunities to elevate your career as an auditor
Working as an auditor at Deloitte means you could be part of different fields and teams. Our audit practice offers the following opportunities:
- Corporate Audit: Participate in group audits of public and private companies, cross-border and statutory audits. Get the opportunity to assess client’s measures towards their sustainability pledges. Make an impact by providing best-practice advice to clients.
- Financial Services Industry (‘FSI’) Audit: Conduct year-end audits and provide specialist support. Participate in internal audit services and consulting projects for clients in the banking, asset management and insurance sectors. Perform regulatory audits of FINMA-regulated financial institutions.
- Technology Assurance: Build and apply advanced analytics and automation to efficiently audit regularity risks of our clients’ IT landscapes and their business processes and transactions.
- LSE / SME Audit: Focus on limited statutory examinations and small to medium sized audits. Quickly obtain a 360’ view of our clients’ businesses while working in smaller teams.
- Assurance: Provide advisory and assurance services around transaction accounting (e.g. IPO, M&A), ESG reporting, internal controls, new standards implementation, non-routine transactions and GAAP conversions. At times, change sides and get the opportunity to work temporarily in client’s finance teams. Get involved in data and process analytics, ERP implementation accounting and regulatory assurance, including cloud assurance.
“A great place to grow and advance your career.”
Mylène Stoercklé, Senior, Corporate Audit
Putting your curiosity and communication skills to good use
In a complex, rapidly changing world, our auditor teams continuously face new challenges and work them out using a broad skill set, including analytical thinking, attention to detail and problem-solving. You will have access to our methodologies, technology and tools and benefit from various opportunities to deepen your expertise further.
Our auditors share several common characteristics:
- A high degree of integrity, independence and sense of responsibility
- Curiosity for our clients’ businesses and adaptability to our clients’ corporate cultures
- Thirst for knowledge that enrich our projects with new perspectives
- Technologically savvy
- An eye for detail and an analytical mind-set
- An ability to analyse complex problems and develop and communicate solutions
- Strong communications skills in a multicultural and diverse environment
- A team player with an appreciation for constructive feedback
- The ambition to continually develop their skills
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accounting, fiduciary or business school and interest in accounting, finance and assurance
Be part of an exciting work environment
Around 460+ auditors currently work at Deloitte Switzerland in our offices in Zurich, Basel, Lausanne, and Geneva. They are part of interdisciplinary teams that focus on various industries such as pharma, financial services, retail, energy & resources, manufacturing and the public sector. The roles vary from being an Audit Associate to an Audit Manager – so, no matter whether you search for an audit job that requires some experience or you're still at the start of your career: we have opportunities for candidates with all different levels of experience. Our auditors work together with colleagues from the Deloitte global network and receive regular training on Swiss and International accounting requirements.
At Deloitte, we are proud of our open, inclusive and flexible working environment, helping all our people to develop their full potential. You will benefit from many advantages, such as flexible working arrangements, the ability to work remotely when not on client site, health initiatives and a generous working parents programme. Learn more about the exciting possibilities that await you as part of our audit team and find your new job in audit.
Learn more from our auditors:
I love that in my job in audit, I work in an ever-changing environment which is always challenging and pushing me to my limits. What I prefer most, though, is teamwork; there are always people around to share, discuss and compare ideas. Besides my audit work, I also have the opportunity to develop my soft skills with my involvement as team leader in our Lausanne University Graduate Marketing Team. I really appreciate running events and meeting some of our future new joiners.
Senior Industrial Auditor, Corporate Audit
I like the fact that I am responsible for making sure that financial statements are free of errors. It gives me a feeling of “I have done right” amidst an economic environment where fraud and forged numbers are happening daily. The job as an auditor is often perceived as boring. The opposite is true! There are a variety of areas you can look into, especially at Deloitte. What I particularly love about working at Deloitte is that hard work, talent and knowledge get rewarded – be it by getting more responsibility or having the chance to work on exciting international assignments. It is a great place to grow and advance your career.
Senior Auditor, Corporate Audit