Life at Deloitte
Girls Takeover: 11 October 2021
Apply for the second European edition of the Deloitte Girls Takeover, the international hackathon that will take place on 11 October 2021. Don’t miss it, apply by 17 September! This year, we are going on a bigger scale and will hold a virtual design-thinking workshop with Girls from Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Italy, Malta, Greece, Middle East, and more.
Who we are looking for
Are you a curious, open, and communicative visionary who is not scared to challenge the status quo? Do you feel comfortable working in a team with other creative minds? Do you find having conversations in English (business English not required) a piece of cake? Then this challenge is perfect for you!
We are looking for strong-willed young women, between the ages of 18 and 23, who are ready to spend a day with other passionate women to solve an exciting design thinking challenge together.
What you can expect
The Girls Takeover is an opportunity to express your talent, having fun with like-minded individuals from Europe and Middle East. You will have the chance to participate to a full day challenge dedicated to design thinking, networking and team-building in an international environment.
Your goal is to solve one real business challenges, using Design Thinking methodologies and tools. The solutions developed will be presented to a panel of judges. At Deloitte, we promote diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I), and we believe that the best way to embrace the uniqueness of each individual and make the most of it is to create a working environment in which everyone can be free to feel themselves and express their talents, without fear of judgement or prejudice.
You will be able to:
- Learn directly from the pros about design thinking and how you can apply theory to solve actual business problems
- Work on a real Deloitte business case using design thinking methodology, working directly with our clients to develop your ideas
- Strengthen your presentation skills by pitching your solution to a jury at the end of the day
- Gain insights into the daily business of Deloitte by putting yourself in the shoes of a Deloitte professional
- Work hands-on – this is not a ‘sit, watch, and learn’ workshop: You get the chance to completely involve yourself and put your ideas into practice
- Get to know and network with like-minded girls from all locations
By the end, you will receive a personalised certificate confirming your participation in this event and your cooperation with our clients
Virtual (more information to follow)
Approximately from 9.00 until 18.00 CET
How to apply
Send us a letter of motivation by 17 September 2021 and tell us a little bit about yourself by answering the following questions (please put Girls Takeover + Your Country in the subject line):
- Where are you from?
- If you could go back in time, what would you do a hundred times over?
- What do you think about teamwork?
- What are you proud of?
- What is your superpower (e.g. creative, good with animals, patience, volleyball pro)?
Please send your answers along with your CV and contact number.
We look forward to receiving your application and spending a unique day with you on 11 October!
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.