Distressed M&A / Special Situation Advisory / Accelerated M&A
Maximising value in challenging and time critical situations
Transactions may sometimes involve the sale of equity, businesses and assets or debt, potentially delivered via an insolvency mechanism. Whatever the case, time will be a critical factor when negotiating distressed acquisitions and disposals to a limited market, which may include opportunity funds.
How Deloitte can help
The team focuses on delivering the maximum value for clients in what are inevitably complex, time-pressured, and unpredictable circumstances, often caused by liquidity shortfalls, stakeholder unwillingness / inability to provide additional financing, deteriorated trading performance, complex stakeholder landscapes, or disaffected management.
Deloitte combines specialists from both our M&A Advisory and Restructuring Services teams to provide bespoke and integrated M&A support across stressed, distressed, and insolvent transactions.
The Accelerated M&A team / [tbd] Our seasoned team works in a hands-on manner and at close quarters with management to:
- implement a tailored transaction strategy to preserve and realise value for stakeholders
- manage uncertainty and resolve complexity in what is often difficult and uncharted territory for our clients
- design and execute robust, value-maximising M&A processes
- identify and rapidly engage with relevant acquirers
- maximise competitive tension
- retain optionality throughout the process