Wind down and closure
Delivering a speedy exit through an accelerated sale or a wind down and closure.
Where the preferred option is an exit, a speedy outcome is usually preferred, and it is here that our Special Situation M&A team supports clients in looking for a prompt disposal. In other cases, where a sale is not possible or desirable, our wind-down and closure expertise enables us to assist in scoping, planning and implementing a closure. A sale or a wind-down and closure will have very different implications from an operational, financial, tax, legal, real estate perspective, etc. In such a situation, shareholders will also be faced with reputational risk issues, particularly when an entire market is exited or the industry is highly regulated.
How Deloitte can help
Our team is experienced in advising investors on the most appropriate course of action in a situation where the performance of an investment is deteriorating and/or the investor is losing control of operations. We are able to advise on the most appropriate strategy for a successful resolution of the situation to ensure the return is maximized or any loss minimized and the client’s reputation is safeguarded.
Our seasoned team works in a hands-on manner and at close quarters with the stakeholders to:
- evaluate feasible exit routes
- define the exit milestones and develop a time table
- estimate the exit costs
- manage and communicate with the various stakeholders, including regulators
- develop an approach to HR matters, including redundancies
- manage arising issues on an ongoing basis
- project manage the wind down and closure process
- act as liquidator and/or provide hands on implementation support
- ensure continuity in leadership and expertise by drawing on the relevant expertise from the Deloitte network