Financial Crime Advisory
We help our clients to respond to Financial Crime with an effective and efficient task force comprised of industry experience, subject matter expertise and technology support.
We are an expert led and technology driven team who combine regulatory and investigative skills with leading edge technology and advanced data analytics techniques to offer innovative solutions to our clients’ regulatory and financial crime problems.
Our global network allows us to combine an understanding of local business cultures and regulatory issues to find a path to a successful resolution, and leave the client better- prepared to protect their assets and reputation.
- Globally increased regulatory activity, scrutiny and enforcements in the Financial Services industry, where our clients are asked to respond to regulators, especially related to investigations on money laundering, sanctions, bribery/corruption, fraud, cross-border taxation and relevant competition and pricing regulations.
- Growing criminal sophistication inside and outside the institution.
- Difficulties of establishing a consistent and effective
- operational culture in the
- first and second lines
- of defense.
- Enhanced risk exposure caused by business endeavours into risk countries, risk clients,
- risk products and risk activities due to margin pressure.
- Increasing amounts of data sources for exhaustive screening and monitoring.
- Immediate response through global deployment of experienced teams.
- Proven methodologies for review, remediation, and investigation of regulatory or other Financial Crime-driven topics.
- Experience in liaising globally with regulatory authorities to propose action plans, report achievements and obtain approvals.
- Strong leverage through our Deloitte Financial Crime Analytics Team to utilise efficiency gains and ensure effectiveness in response to any Financial Crime related matters., including full optional hosting of client sensitive data in our Data Centre.
Financial Crime strategy
- Assessment of current state and gap analysis against regulatory requirements.
- Support in policy and procedure re-design / re-development.
Due diligence and remediation
- Review | remediation of client alerts from AML, KYC, KYT, and sanctions matters.
- Backlog assessment and remediation.
- Enhanced due diligence, complex case resolution and transaction analyses, inc. asset tracing.
Lookbacks and continual improvements
- Market behaviour misconduct investigations.
- AML exposure investigations.
- Peer and industry benchmarking.
Our approach to Financial Crime Advisory
- A methodology-driven and technology-supported team of interdisciplinary experts is our guarantee for the achievement of a successful outcome.
- Our FinCrime investigation and advisory framework provides a proven end-to-end delivery platform to support clients in successfully responding to a wide range of financial crime matters.
- Our framework comes equipped with leading edge investigation tools, techniques and reporting templates which are selected and tailored to the specific needs of each client.
- We aim to navigate our client through any financial crime matter in a directed way to reduce reputational, regulatory and financial risk exposure.