Analytics & Information Management
The world is changing, fast. You need to provide a more personalised experience to your customers. Be ahead of your competition with cutting edge technology and architecture. Automate repetitive process to focus on what matters most: your customers and markets.
The most important answers to your complex business challenges may be hiding in your data. Capitalising on the wealth of information inside and outside of your organisation becomes a necessity to compete. But in a world where the amount of information is doubling every 2 years, how can we keep up?
Deloitte’s Analytics & Information Management (AIM) practice can help you uncover and unlock the value buried deep inside vast amounts of data. Our global network provides strategic guidance and implementation services to help companies manage data from disparate sources and convert it into accurate, actionable information that can support fact-driven decision-making and generate an insight-driven advantage. Our practice can also help you deliver personalised customer interaction and offerings, create new data driven business models, build state-of-the-art data and analytics infrastructure, including big data, cloud, cognitive and machine learning, or transform your business and support functions.
Our advice is technology agnostic, but we are able to implement solutions for all technologies. We also offer off-the-shelf solutions completely tailored to specific industries and use cases. These focus on time-to-value and maximising the benefits that our platforms, knowledge and solutions can bring.
We have the breadth of capability, deep industry expertise and CxO level relationships to be the leader in full-lifecycle Analytics & Information Management provision.
- Insight strategy
- Performance management
- Information delivery & automation
- Advanced analytics
- Managed analytics
- Big data & content management
Video: Deloitte's Analytics and Information Management offering
From dark analytics to mixed reality, machine intelligence, and blockchain, our eighth annual Technology Trends report analyzes the trends that could disrupt businesses in the next 18-24 months.
- The robots are coming: This report will help shared services and GBS leaders understand what a robot is and is not, what are the benefits that can be achieved, how can robotics be successfully implemented, what makes a process a candidate for robotics.
- Man and Machine - robots on the rise: This report explores the impact of automation on jobs in Switzerland.
- Next generation automation: This report highlights the differences between robotic automation + artificial intelligence led automation and helps you choose which to prioritize.
- Structural change creates jobs: This study shows that the positive effects of automation in Switzerland will continue to dominate in the future.
- The robots are here: This report examines Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and its role in shared services and Global Business Services (GBS).
- Transforming the Swiss economy: This study examines the impact of automation on Swiss industries and the associated challenges and opportunities for companies.