A guide to IFRS reporting
The report sets out comprehensive guidance by focusing on the practical issues faced by reporting entities.
The latest edition in Deloitte's iGAAP series has been released. iGAAP 2014 - A guide to IFRS reporting sets out comprehensive guidance for entities reporting under IFRS by (1) focusing on the practical issues faced by reporting entities; (2) explaining clearly the requirements of IFRSs; (3) adding interpretation and commentary when IFRSs are silent, ambiguous, or unclear; and (4) providing many illustrative examples.
The manual deals comprehensively with those new Standards that apply for periods beginning in 2013, and also covers those further pronouncements issued by the IASB up to 31 July 2013 that will apply from 2014 and later.
New materials include:
- the "suite of five" issued in May 2011 and effective in 2013 — IFRS 10 Consolidated Financial Statements, IFRS 11 Joint Arrangements, IFRS 12 Disclosure of Interests in Other Entities, and the revised versions of IAS 27 Separate Financial Statements and IAS 28 Investments in Associates and Joint Ventures.
- IFRS 13 Fair Value Measurement.
- the revised version of IAS 19 Employee Benefits.
- Investment Entities (Amendments to IFRS 10, IFRS 12 and IAS 27), issued in October 2012.
- Recoverable Amount Disclosures for Non-Financial Assets (Amendments to IAS 36), issued in May 2013.
- IFRIC 21 Levies, issued in May 2013.
Orders for Deloitte's iGAAP 2014 guides may be placed via the LexisNexis website.