Webcast invitation: Hong Kong's New Limited Partnership Fund Regime for Funds (LPF)
A new opportunity for private equity market
You are cordially invited to join our webcast panel with speakers from the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) and Centre for Asia Private Equity Research Ltd on 18 May 2020 (Monday).
On 20 March 2020, the Hong Kong government gazetted the new Limited Partnership Fund Bill. This is expected to come into operation on 31 August 2020. How can global fund managers, especially those based in Asia, benefit from the new regime?
During this exciting panel session, you'll hear about the features of LPF and future prospects from Anson Law of Market Development Division of HKMA who has been heavily involved in this important initiative to build a modernised private equity fund platform and Kathleen Ng, Managing Director of Centre for Asia Private Equity Research Ltd which focuses on providing knowledge and industry insight to Asian private equity industry.
The panel will discuss:
- Hong Kong's new LPF regime and its features
- The private funds landscape in Hong Kong and Asia
- Opportunities for asset managers in Hong Kong and Asia
- The tax developments in the private equity industry and new opportunities in Hong Kong
Anthony Lau, Tax Partner and Hong Kong Investment Management Sector Leader, Deloitte China
- Anson Law, Market Development Division, HKMA
- Kathleen Ng, Managing Director, Centre for Asia Private Equity Research LTD
- Roy Phan, Tax Director, Deloitte China
- Wilson Cheung, Financial Services Conduct and Regulations Director, Deloitte China
18 May 2020 (Monday)
12:00 – 13:30 p.m.
Virtual Platform - Zoom
Please click here to register
You will receive a confirmation email with the Zoom meeting link as to whether your registration has been successful.
Free of charge