Deloitte Football Money League 2020
Eye on the prize
Welcome to the 23rd edition of the Deloitte Football Money League (DFML) in which we profile the highest revenue generating clubs in world football.
Published just eight months after the end of the 2018/19 season, the Money League is the most contemporary and reliable independent analysis of the clubs’ relative financial performance. The key findings of this edition are:
- FC Barcelona reach the top of the Money League for the first time ever and at the same time become the first club to break the €800m barrier, generating revenue of €840.8m;
- The top 20 highest earning football clubs for the 2018/19 season, with combined revenues growing 11% to €9.3bn, a new record;
- Manchester United (€711.5m) are in third but are at risk of losing their position as the Premier League’s highest revenue generating club for the first time in next year’s edition of the Money League;
- Tottenham Hotspur are eighth, the club’s highest ever position, and have overtaken Arsenal and Chelsea to become London’s highest revenue generating club for the first time since 1996/97;
- The composition of the top 20 overall remains relatively stable with only two new entrants to the Money League – Olympique Lyonnais ranked 17th (up from 28th) and Napoli ranked 20th (up from 21st).
View and download some of the key findings in our 2020 Deloitte Football Money League infographic.