Deloitte Technology Fast 20/50 Program
The annual Deloitte Technology Fast 50 report explore how enterprises can enhance their core competitiveness and sustainable management capability. Every report attracts wide attention.
Basic Registration Information:
- Is there an application fee?
A: No. Deloitte Technology Fast 50 (TF50) is a non-profitable program, therefore no fee will be charged.
- What are the application requirements?
A: All TF50 applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- Submit audit reports for the past three years
- Operation revenue at a minimum of CNY 1 million for fiscal year 2013
- Company's headquarter or main business is in mainland China, Hong Kong or Macao
- Own intellectual property or advance technology that contributes to the majority of the operation revenue
There is no specific requirements for Rising Star program.
- Applicant's headquarter has to be in mainland China, Hong Kong or Macao. What is Deloitte's definition of headquarter?
A: It means the top management team or core team has to be located in mainland China, Hong Kong or Macao.
- If the company's main business is in mainland China, Hong Kong or Macao, but the company's headquarter is not in these regions, can the company still apply?
- If the company has a subsidiary company located in mainland China, Hong Kong or Macao but the company's headquarter is not in these regions, Can the company still apply?
A: No, except that this subsidiary company is publicly listed and traded independently in the stock market in mainland China, Hong Kong or Macao.
- If the company's main business is outside mainland China, Hong Kong or Macao, but the company was registered in these regions. Can the company still apply?
- What is the evaluation criteria for TF50 program? Will priority be given to Deloitte's clients, or companies recommended by local governments?
A: The ranking is based on company's revenue growth rates in the past three fiscal years. Deloitte will also take into consideration company's other financial data. Besides the two factors mentioned above, no other factors will affect the evaluation. This is also an important reason why TF50 program is one of the most objective and fair ranking programs in the world.
- What is the evaluation criteria for Rising Star?
A: We will evaluate companies by the following three factors
- Leading position in the market segment
- Advanced technology or creative business model
- High growth potential
- When will companies know if they are shortlisted?
A: Deloitte will inform these companies four to five weeks after the registration deadline and send invitations to these companies for the award ceremony.
About Audit Report:
- Will companies' financial data be published?
A: No. Deloitte will only disclose revenues growth rate. All other financial data will be kept confidential within the evaluation team.
- Are there any specific requirements for the audit reports?
A: Companies have to submit the most recent three years' audit reports, that is, from 2013 to 2015. If the companies' accounting year is not a natural year, it needs to ensure the balance sheet of the last year of the "three consecutive years" is in 2015. Audit reports include the audit report, balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement and notes to financial statement. All of them must be signed by independent public accountants and stamped with the company seal.
- Can companies provide the most recent three years' audit reports at a later time?
A: All companies have to submit both electronic and paper version of audit reports before the deadline. Otherwise, the application will become invalid.
- Are there any requirements for the use of accounting principles and presentation currency?
A: Companies only need to make sure they use the same accounting principles and presentation currency for three consecutive years. There are no special requirements for accounting principles and currency.
- Do listed companies still need to post a copy of the paper version of their reports to Deloitte if their audit reports can be downloaded directly from the internet?
A: No. If companies meet the listed companies' criteria, Deloitte will obtain their audit reports online instead of asking for the paper version.
- If the applicant companies are private companies, do they need to post a copy of the paper version of their reports?
Value of the TF50 Program:
- What value-added services are offered to winners?
A: Deloitte's value-added services including but not limited to the following:
- Deloitte Growth Academy
- Enterprise health check
- Long term incentive consulting service
- Financial advisory service
- Domestic and overseas IPO audit, tax planning
- IT consulting
Winners will enjoy a discount when subscribing to these services.
- What kind of financial support did previous TF50 winning companies get?
A: Previous TF50 winning companies received a great deal of attention from VC/PE and banks. Outstanding companies usually got financial support in the form of equity or bonds.
- What revenue growth rate can make it to the TF50 list?
A: It is hard to give an accurate revenue growth rate since the overall situation is different every year. You can download the previous TF50 reports from Deloitte's official website as reference. In addition, TF50 program is an international event. Companies which applied to TF50 program would also have the chance to enter Asia Pacific 500 program. Last year, over 100 Chinese companies were awarded by AP500 program.
- Will regional TF20 winners receive support from local governments?
A: Yes. The regional TF20 program is organized by Deloitte and local governments. Local governments always pay high attention and give strong support to winning companies. Some see TF20/TF50 award as an important selection standard when they select fund investment objects.
Ranking list and Award Ceremony:
- Can companies know the ranking before the list is published?
A: No. The ranking will only be published at the award ceremony. The order of the ranking does not necessarily indicate the future development of a company. None of Baidu, Alibaba and Tencent were among the top 10 in the year they participated.
- Why can't some companies enter the TF50 list?
A: There are two reasons.
- They have lower growth rates than the winning companies do.
- They fail to cooperate with the audit team or cannot provide explanations to audit team's questions (such as giving wrong materials).
- Why didn't some companies get Rising Star award?
A: The reasons are as follows.
- They provided wrong or fake materials.
- Other companies are more competitive.
- Their technology/business model is not creative enough.
- Their development space is narrow, etc.
- Are there any requirements for guests attending the award ceremony? What is the maximum number of guests to be invited to the ceremony?
A: Usually, VPs and grades above are invited to attend the ceremony, and a maximum of two guests from each company will be invited.
- Is there any fee for the award ceremony? Will Deloitte pay for hotel accommodation or flights?
A: The ceremony is free if confirmation for registration is received. However, attendees need to cover their own travel and accommodation expenses, if any.
Note: All questions related to TF50 also apply to TF20.