Partner,Deloitte Growth Enterprise Market&Services
8/F Tower W2
The Towers, Oriental Plaza
William has been with Deloitte for 29 years and has worked out of our Hong Kong and Beijing Offices. He is one of the first mover to mainland China since its open door policy back in 80's, and was relocated to Beijing permanently since 1996. He has witnessed the significant development of China economic growth.
William leads a cross functional practice that focuses on the needs of Technology, Media and Telecommunication (“TMT”) industry group undergoing substantial change. He is responsible for the Firm’s strategy, eminence and research, service development and delivering industry to the clients we serve. William also has global responsibilities and used to be a member of the TMT Global Executive Committee. William was a board member of Deloitte China Firm from 2006 to 2014, National Managing Partner of Deloitte’s TMT Industry Practice from 2009 to 2014; he has been appointed as the Technology Sector Leader and TMT Industry Leader, effective from Dec.1st, 2016.
He also serves as the Lead Client Service Partner or Advisory Partner on various strategic TMT clients in China, including the first technology company , education company and internet finance company completion of IPO in US.
William Chou is currently Managing partner of Deloitte Growth Enterprise Market & Services, and also Advisory Partner of Deloitte's China VC Alliance Program. He is also appointed by Asia America Multi-technology Assoication (AAMA) as mentor of the 7th Candle Plan which is an incubator for startup companies in China, and also Vice Chairman of Venture Capital Association of IAC.
Selected Relevant Experience
- TMT Industry Leader – China. Appointed leader in 2010 to develop TMT business in the region, and cooperate with other member firms TMT industry groups
- Serve as lead client service partner of the first Chinese US listed TMT company, AsiaInfo Holdings Inc
- Serve as lead client service partner of the first Chinese education company listed in the US, New Oriental Education
- Serve as lead client service partner of China Mobile Holding Limited, one of the three telecommunication operators in China
- Serve as lead client service partner of the first Chinese P2P company listed in the US, YiRenDai
- Has championed various marketing events, including but not limited to, sectors, such as Game, Mobile Internet, Movie and Entertainment
- William also takes leader role in China VC and PE alliance program, which is to develop a community platform with institutional investors
- Appointed as mentor of the 7th Cradle Plan of AAMA, which is an incubator program for start-up high technology companies in China and is a not-for-profit organization
- Accounting & Auditing
- Corporate Governance
- Risk Management
- US / HK IPO
- Strategy and Operation
- Technology, Media and Telecommunication
- Energy and Resources
- Fellow Member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, UK
- Fellow Member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales
- Chinese University of Hong Kong (Hon) Bachelor of Business Administration (1987)