Asia Pacific Deloitte Private Leader
William is managing partner of Asia Pacific Deloitte Private. William has more than 35 years of professional services experience. As a pioneer of developing Deloitte China practice, William was relocated to Beijing from Hong Kong since 1996 and witnessed the significant growth of Chinese economy since then. During 2006 to 2014, William was a member of board of directors of Deloitte China. During 2019-2021.5, William was Vice Chair of the China firm.
In addition, William is appointed as the Vice Chairman of Venture Capital Association and multiple organizations as mentors and advisers to CEO of many fast growing and startup companies in China.
William thereto serves as the Lead Client Service Partner (LCSP) and Advisory Partner (AP) of various leading TMT companies in China, including but not limited to, the first US listed technology company, the first US listed education company and the first US listed internet financial company.
- Serve as global LCSP of Midea, the world’s No.1 AC brand in terms of production volume
- Serve as LCSP & AP of the first Chinese US listed TMT company, AsiaInfo Holdings Inc.
- Serve as LCSP & AP of the first Chinese education company listed in the US, New Oriental Education
- Serve as LCSP & AP of the first Chinese Network Security Corporation listed in the US, Qihoo360
- Serve as LCSP & AP of the first Chinese Fintech company listed in the US, YiRenDai
- Serve as LCSP & AP of the first publicly listed Hong Kong private owned investment bank and financial advisory firm in China, China Renaissance Company Ltd.
- Serve as LCSP & AP of China Mobile Holding Limited, one of the largest telecommunication carrier in the World
- Serve as industry leader of Technology, Media and Telecommunication
- Serve as managing partner of Deloitte CXO program
Background and Interests/Professional Affiliations
- Professional qualification
- Fellow Member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, UK
- Fellow Member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Fellow member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales
- Accredited Independent Directors of Listed Company in Shenzhen Stock Exchange and Shanghai Stock Exchange
- Book publication
- The Power of The Best, co-translator
- Future Reimagine, co-author