Leader, China TMT Industry
8/F Tower W2
The Towers, Oriental Plaza
William Chou is Leader of Technology, Media & Telecommunications and Leader of CFO Program.
William has been with Deloitte almost 30 years and has worked out of our Hong Kong and Beijing Offices. He is one of the first mover to mainland China since its open door policy back in 80's, and was relocated to Beijing permanently since 1996. He has witnessed the significant development of China economic growth.
William leads a cross functional practice that focuses on the needs of Technology, Media and Telecommunication ("TMT") industry group undergoing substantial change. He is responsible for the Firm's alliance strategy, eminence and research, service development and delivering industry to the clients we serve. William also has global responsibilities and is a member of the TMT Global Executive Committee. William was a board member of Deloitte China Firm from 2006 to 2014, National Managing Partner of Growth Enterprise Market & Services from 2015 to 2017.
He also serves as the Lead Client Service Partner or Advisory Partner on various strategic TMT clients in China, including the first technology company, education company and internet finance company completion of IPO in US.
William also currently manages the Firm’s Venture Capital and Private Equity Program. He is also appointed by various organization as mentors to CEO of various fast growth and startup companies in China. William is also Vice Chairman of Venture Capital Association of IAC.
Selected Relevant Experience
- Serve as lead client service partner of the first Chinese US listed TMT company, AsiaInfo Holdings Inc
- Serve as lead client service partner of the first Chinese education company listed in the US, New Oriental Education
- Serve as lead client service partner of China Mobile Holding Limited, one of the three telecommunication operators in China
- Serve as lead client service partner of the first Chinese Fintech company listed in the US, YiRenDai
- Has championed various marketing events, including but not limited to, Technology FAST 50, Deloitte CFO Forum, etc.
- Appointed as mentor of the 7th Cradle Plan of AAMA, which is an incubator program for start-up high technology companies in China and is a not-for-profit organization
- Accounting & Auditing
- Corporate Governance
- Risk Management
- US / HK IPO
- Strategy and Operation
- Technology, Media and Telecommunication
- Consumers and Education
- Fellow Member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, UK
- Fellow Member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales
- Qualification of the Independent Directors of Listed Company in Shenzhen Stock Exchange
- Chinese University of Hong Kong (Hon) Bachelor of Business Administration (1987)
- Completion of Sales and Marketing Strategy Course of Harvard Business School, Shanghai(2012)
- Completion of Strategy Innovation Course in Tel Aviv University of Israel (2015)
- Completion of Digital Strategy in Lausanne Switzerland (2016)