National Leader, China TMT Industry
8/F Tower W2
The Towers, Oriental Plaza
William is the National Leader of Technology, Media & Telecommunications; National Leader of CFO Program; and National Leader of Deloitte Private.
William has worked respectively at Hong Kang and Beijing office during his 30 years of services at Deloitte. As a pioneer of developing Deloitte Mainland Office, Mr. Chou was relocated to Beijing since 1996 and witnessed the significant growth of Chinese economy since then. During 2006 to 2014, furthermore, Mr. Chou was a member of board of directors of Deloitte China.
As Industry leader of the Technology, Media and Telecommunication ("TMT") industry, Mr. Chou and his cross-functional team concentrate on helping clients to transform in the digital world. Mr. Chou is specialized in advising fast growth technology company as well as mature and large size company in strategy, transformation and capital financing. Meanwhile, Mr. Chou also participates global business of Deloitte as a member of Global TMT industry executive committee.
Mr. Chou also assumes the office of managing partner of Deloitte Private and CFO Program, which includes his responsibility in developing Venture Capital and Private Equity Program of Deloitte China. In addition Mr. Chou is the Vice Chairman of Venture Capital Association of IAC. Mr. Chou is also appointed by multiple organizations as mentors and advisers to CEO of many fast growing and startup companies in China.
Mr. Chou thereto serves as the Lead Client Service Partner and Advisory Partner of various leading TMT companies in China, including but not limited to, the first US listed technology company, the first US listed education company and the first US listed internet financial company.
Selected Relevant Experience
- Serve as Lead Client Service Partner of the first Chinese US listed TMT company, AsiaInfo Holdings Inc.
- Serve as Lead Client Service Partner of the first Chinese education company listed in the US, New Oriental Education
- Serve as Lead Client Service Partner of the first Chinese Fintech company listed in the US, YiRenDai
- Serve as Lead Client Service Partner of China Mobile Holding Limited, one of the three telecommunication operators in China
- Has provided support to various marketing events, including but not limited to, Technology FAST 50, Deloitte CFO Forum, etc.
- Appointed as mentor of the 7th Cradle Plan of AAMA, which is an incubator program for high technological start-ups in China and not-for-profit organization
- Accounting & Auditing
- Corporate Governance
- Risk Management
- US / HK IPO
- Strategy and Operation
- Technology, Media and Telecommunication
- Consumers and Education
- Fellow Member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, UK
- Fellow Member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Fellow member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales
- Qualification of the Independent Directors of Listed Company in Shenzhen Stock Exchange and Shanghai Stock Exchange
- The Power of The Best, co-translator
- Future Reimagine, co-author
- Chinese University of Hong Kong (Hon) Bachelor of Business Administration (1987)
- Completion of Sales and Marketing Strategy Course of Harvard Business School, Shanghai(2012)
- Completion of Strategy Innovation Course in Tel Aviv University of Israel (2015)
- Completion of Digital Strategy in Lausanne Switzerland (2016)
- Completion of Industrial 4.0 Course of Ludwig Maximilians University (2016)
- Completion of Business Management and British & Chinese Culture Delivered of Cambridge University (2017)