Tax Webcast September 2019
Cyprus Tax Webcasts
Welcome to our 5 minute tax update broadcasted monthly. The aim of our tax webcasts is to provide a brief summary of local and international tax events impacting Cyprus.
In this Tax Webcast, we cover the following topics:
1. Local tax developments
1. 1 Clarification of the Tax Department on the imposition of 3% SDC on interest from corporate bonds
1. 2 MoF’s intention to submit a bill to increase allowable tax deduction for individuals for contributions to certain Funds
1. 3 MoF’s proposal to oblige service providers & merchants to accept card payments
1. 4 MoF’s proposal for the compulsory submission of income tax returns by all citizens
2. International developments
3. Tax diary for September 2019
30 September 2019
- Deadline for the electronic submission of the 2018 personal tax return by self-employed individuals who do not prepare audited Financial Statements, if their gross income exceeds €19.500.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
Please note that the comments made in this presentation, to some extent, are based on material obtained from sources outside Deloitte.
This communication contains general information only, and none of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, its member firms, or their related entities (collectively, the ″Deloitte network″) is, by means of this video, rendering professional advice or services.
No entity in the Deloitte network shall be responsible for any loss whatsoever sustained by any person who relies on this video.