Tableau Desktop - Basics
Learn the basics of Tableau
Do you need to learn how to use the BI tool Tableau Desktop but lack time for lengthy self-study? Then join our course where you will learn everything you need to master the basics through practical examples.
Whether Tableau is completely new to you or you already have a basic understanding of it, this course will help you understand how Tableau works; you will also get hands-on practice with regard to its features and processes, so your skills can improve quickly.
What will you learn?
In the first part of the course, we will go over the essentials for creating a dashboard:
- You will learn how Tableau Desktop fits into the overall Tableau ecosystem;
- You will become familiar with the user interface and terminology (Data Pain, Shelves, Cards, View, etc.);
- You will learn how to connect data;
- You will create different types of charts;
- You will put together a dashboard from individual charts;
- You will discover different ways to save and share your work.
In the second part, we will follow up with tweaks that will make your work easier and more efficient:
- Data types and aggregations;
- Organisation and editing of data fields;
- Combination of multiple metrics in a single View;
- Characteristics of and work with various Marks;
- Work with filters and analytic functions.
What will it look like?
- You will need to have Tableau Desktop installed on your computer to actively participate in the class.
- We will customise the content and language of the training to the participants’ needs. If English-speaking participants are enrolled, the training will be conducted in English. Training materials are prepared in English only.
- You do not need any previous knowledge of or experience with working with BI tools.
- The course takes a total of 6 hours and can be completed online or in-person.
- The online course takes place via Microsoft Teams and is divided into two days. There will be one three-hour lesson each day.
- The in-person session takes place in the Deloitte lecture room and is designed as a one-day course.
Visit our Deloitte Academy website
For more info
Eliška Valterová, Data Visualisation Designer and Tableau Consultant
Eliška helps clients improve their decision-making processes by creating data visualisations for them and helping them learn the principles of data visualisation. Her work combines the understanding of business needs, visual analytics, data visualisation, UX and data storytelling. She has more than 10 years of experience in projects across industries (banking, telecommunications, automotive, e-commerce, marketing, etc.). In addition to working as a designer and consultant, she also leads several courses focused on data visualisation and Tabl