The role of expert witness in international arbitration or litigation
The globalisation of recent decades has precipitated an enormous increase in the number of cross-border business relationships and contracts. When these relationships and contracts lead to disagreements, especially in times of crisis, parties increasingly turn to International Arbitration in order to resolve their disputes
We act as independent experts, alongside our clients and their counsel in various litigious contexts, mostly in International Arbitration, but also in front of French Courts, and provide expert opinions by assessing financial losses
Our clients’ goals
Following the termination of a contractual relationship, a disruption of the economic environment or an expropriation, our clients need an objective assessment of the economic loss suffered. We assess losses by applying rigour and robust methodologies that are accepted by tribunals. We strive always to deliver credible and authoritative expert reports and oral testimony.
How can we help
Our teams reach sound conclusions that are grounded in an independent, objective and thorough analysis of all relevant available evidence. We are proactive and approachable, and deliver concise expert reports that clearly explain the major economic and financial issues in the dispute, the analysis undertaken and our conclusions. We can provide support and advice at all stages of the dispute process:
- Collecting, securing and analyzing available evidence through the use of our leading forensic technology skills and tools.
- Analysing the financial consequences of alleged breaches.
- Assessing the amount of losses suffered.
- Analysing the strengths and weaknesses of opposing expert’s arguments.
- Providing expert reports and oral testimony.
- Assisting with settlement processes through our understanding of the case material and our experience of mediation-style processes.
Our experience spans across a wide range industries including construction, aviation, financial services, real estate, telecommunication, technology, and energy and resources sectors.
Added value for our clients