Deloitte recognized as a global leader in pricing consulting by ALM
NEW YORK, NY, USA, 30 April 2019—ALM Intelligence has ranked Deloitte as a global leader in the report, entitled Pricing Consulting 2018. On Pricing Consulting, Nathan Simon, senior director, Management Consulting Research at ALM, highlights, “Combining the scale and diversity of its multi-service platform with specialized pricing resources, Deloitte is notable for its ability to drive pricing performance in highly varied sector and market contexts. The [network] continues to push its service delivery along the continuum from consulting to implementation and, in select instances, operating client functions to ensure impact delivery.”
According to ALM, pricing consulting is defined as “part of the management consulting services directed at clients’ front office activities. Its objective is to help companies manage customer interactions in a fashion that maximizes value delivery and capture.”
Additional report findings
- “The heart of the Deloitte’s consulting approach is its Pricing Excellence model, which captures what Deloitte considers to be the six core pricing competencies: pricing strategy, data analytics, technology, organization, process and policy, and regulatory & transfer pricing. For Deloitte, the essential need is to transition beyond an exclusive focus on one or another area to comprehensive capability building in all six areas.”
- “Deloitte offers services through a dedicated pricing and profitability management practice organized within the customer arm of Monitor Deloitte. Deloitte has progressively extended the core of this practice formed around the Strategic Pricing Group acquired by Monitor Group in 2005 to adjacent service areas, including broader revenue management, digital and customer experience, growth strategy, marketing, and analytics. Deloitte supports this practice with a center of excellence through which it directs internal capability building and investments in intellectual property.”
- “Deloitte combines a survey-based diagnostic with a sector-based maturity model to evaluate client capabilities in each of the six competencies. At the same time, the [network] uses its Value Cascade framework to quantify gaps in value creation and capture as a basis for targeting service delivery at different capability areas.”
- “Deloitte’s solution design activities cluster in three areas: analytics, best practice processes and organization, and technology that can accelerate analytics and integrate the entire lead-to-cash process flow, including CPQ.”
- “There are three notable attributes of this firm’s service delivery model. One is its Polaris tool designed around its point of view on the six core pricing competencies for pricing analytics and performance management. Another is the [network’s] investment in relationships with third-party vendors and associated templates to help clients implement packaged technology faster.”
- “The third is Deloitte’s commitment to building client capabilities, which it fosters through transition labs for new pricing leaders, boot camps hosted at client sites or its Deloitte University facilities, and on-site SWAT teams for coaching.”
- “The [network] is rolling out a new service delivery model that combines traditional consulting with customized pricing tools and ongoing operational support to better integrate pricing tools and capabilities for ongoing pricing performance improvement.”
As used in this press release, “Deloitte” refers only to the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firms and their affiliates.
Market offering lead: Georg Muller, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1.312.604.3538
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (“DTTL”), its global network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s more than 286,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.