Deloitte named a leader in Canada in Security Services by IDC
NEW YORK, NY, USA, 09 October 2019—International Data Corporation (IDC) has ranked Deloitte a leader in their report entitled, IDC MarketShare: Canadian Security Services 2019 Vendor Assessment. IDC recognizes Deloitte as a leader based on capabilities and strategies.
“Few security providers can match Deloitte's professional and managed service breadth and scale in capabilities in Canada,” says Kevin Lonergan, Research Manager, Security and Networking at IDC and author of the report.
IDC describes the MarketScape as “an assessment of security services in Canada through the IDC MarketScape model. Using the IDC MarketScape model, 15 security service providers with operations and customers in Canada were compared…Providers were measured in terms of current capabilities and future strategies for delivering services to customers in the Canadian market.”
According to Lonergan at IDC, "There has never been more choice of provider for Canadian organizations in the security services market. Pure-play managed security SPs, telecommunication providers, vendors, MDR providers, and consulting [organizations] all have unique capabilities that can meet the needs of organizations large and small. Support for public cloud security services, [managed detection and response] (MDR), and hosted solutions enhanced by machine learning and automation and orchestration will differentiate the security service provider of the future."
“To Deloitte, this accolade speaks to our continued ability to provide clients with the solutions required to grow in a digital world,” adds Nick Galletto, Deloitte Global Cyber Risk Services leader. “The depth and breadth of Deloitte’s capabilities and professionals across the globe enables Deloitte to help organizations successfully manage risk and reframe cyber as a strategic growth enabler—driving business outcomes. With human insight, technological innovation, and comprehensive cyber solutions, Deloitte manages cyber everywhere so society, and clients, can go anywhere.”
Additional findings from the report
- “The provider has the largest team dedicated to security services in the Canadian market.”
- “Deloitte's Cyber Risk practice is embedded into Risk Advisory, one of the provider's five service pillars, and offers security services across every service the firm delivers—from technology consulting, M&A, and forensics to human capital, audit, financial crime, fraud, AML, and beyond.”
- “Deloitte's Cyber Services are supported locally by four Cyber Intelligence Centres (CICs) and myriad of innovation and support capabilities.”
- “Deloitte's cyber practice follows a four-step approach to securing an organization: cyber strategy for assisting organizations with defining and implementing their security program, secure (e.g., assessing and strengthening their security posture), vigilant (e.g., threat intelligence and monitoring services), and resilient (e.g., incident management and response service).”
- “Deloitte offers log monitoring and event management for AWS, Azure, and GCP public cloud environments and offers SaaS application management and monitoring for SAP, Oracle, Salesforce, and Office 365, among others.”
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor assessment model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (“DTTL”), its global network of member firms, and their related entities (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”). DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) and each of its member firms and related entities are legally separate and independent entities, which cannot obligate or bind each other in respect of third parties. DTTL and each DTTL member firm and related entity is liable only for its own acts and omissions, and not those of each other. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s more than 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.