Deloitte recognized as the undisputed global leader in Innovation Strategy Consulting by ALM
NEW YORK, NY, USA, 22 April 2018—Deloitte announced today that ALM Intelligence has ranked it as the undisputed global leader in the report, entitled Innovation Strategy Consulting 2018. On Innovation Strategy Consulting, Nathan Simon, Senior Director of Research at ALM, highlights, “Deloitte combines
The report lays out the opportunities and challenges for Innovation Strategy consulting providers focusing on market trends, client spending trends and forecasts, and the provider landscape, and includes profiles of select key organizations.
According to ALM, Innovation Strategy consulting services are defined as “aligning innovation to strategies, furthering technology development, structuring and managing an innovation portfolio, and injecting user centric and nonlinear design thinking that fosters more collaborative, cross-disciplinary innovation.”
- “A notable aspect of the [Deloitte network’s] service delivery are its links to startups, external technical experts at Singularity University, and crowdsourcing: a powerful triumvirate for coordinating and accelerating execution activities.”
- “Deloitte’s approach to consulting flows from the [network’s] belief that innovation needs to be both practical, economic, and human-centric. The [network] has evolved this around a number of viewpoints. One, “total innovation,” holds that companies must manage innovation as an integrated system, with resources allocated against ambitions for the core business as well as adjacent and transformational opportunities. Another, called Ten Types of Innovation, posits a disciplined method for constructing innovations from combinations of changes to the business system, offering, and experience.”
- “Most recently, Deloitte is adapting insights from behavioral economics to help companies take account of how psychological and emotional factors drive customer behavior.”
- “Deloitte anchors its offering in its applied innovation group, which brings together the technology assets of its Deloitte Digital arm with Doblin’s human-centered design capabilities acquired as part of Monitor Group and its recent acquisition of design specialist Market Gravity. The [network] also draws on its Monitor Deloitte strategy resources as well as an exclusive alliance with Singularity University, its Pixel crowdsourcing platform, and Bridge, its subscription based, curated ecosystem of startups.”
- “The [network’s] service delivery model reflects two points of view. One is that innovation almost always has a digital component. This manifests in the co-location and integration of project teams with resources from Deloitte Digital, Doblin, Heat (the [network’s] recently acquired creative agency), and its Monitor Deloitte strategy practice with a mandate to drive broader digital transformations for its clients. An extension of this delivery model is the establishment of similar resource combinations, what the [network] terms digital foundries, at its clients to serve as innovation engines for scaling ideas. These are initially staffed with a significant Deloitte contingent, but are ultimately transitioned over to clients. The other point of view is that the most effective method for instilling innovation capabilities at clients is to [align] on projects to jointly bring innovative ideas to successful launches in the marketplace.”
- “Consequently, the [network] emphasizes co-creation with clients, in many cases through immersive experiences at Deloitte’s greenhouse studios, and leading to prototypes that can be tested in the market within four to six weeks. To this end, the [network] emphasizes ecosystem engagement in its service delivery, using its Singularity [alliance] to demonstrate the potential of exponential technologies and drawing on its Bridge and Pixel platforms as well as specialized initiatives such as its Innovation Tech Terminal in Israel to facilitate links between clients and startups.”
As used in this press release, “Deloitte” refers only to the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firms and their affiliates.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (“DTTL”), its global network of member firms and their related entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 264,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.