Deloitte recognized as a global leader in Product Development Operations Consulting by ALM
NEW YORK, NY, USA, 26 July 2018—ALM Intelligence has ranked Deloitte as a global leader in the report, entitled Product Development Operations Consulting 2018. On Product Development Operations Consulting, Nathan Simon, Senior Director, Management Consulting Research at ALM, highlights, “With predefined, sector-specific process models linked to PLM and in some instances activated with automation and cognitive technologies, Deloitte is unparalleled in its ability to help clients rapidly move up the capability maturity curve in a balanced way across the delivery continuum – from ideation through commercialization and ultimately product retirement.”
The report lays out the landscape of Product Development Operations consulting providers focusing on capability drivers, provider capability rankings, rating level summaries, leader, challenger, and contender assessments, provider capability ratings, best in class providers, and provider briefs.
According to ALM, Product Development Operations consulting services is defined as “developing products and services that succeed in the marketplace by effectively coordinating upstream with sourcing and production engineering and downstream with commercial execution, increasing efficiency by streamlining and accelerating R&D activities across locations and functions, and maximizing the return on the development and IP portfolio.”
- “Deloitte offers the broadest array of tools for rapidly and sustainably driving improvements in clients’ R&D operating and management systems. Notable examples include ones for applying deeper analytics to portfolio optimization and product design, as well as innovative one for automating more routine engineering tasks.”
- “Deloitte targets its consulting approach at helping clients manage the complexity in their product development operations to increase efficiency, reduce time to market, and improve commercial outcomes. To achieve this, [Deloitte] looks to overcome functional silos in the client organization, ensure consistent processes and governance, and accelerate execution.”
- “For Deloitte, the ability to optimize within processes, as well as across the horizontal, cross functional process flow, is essential in order to link product strategy with sourcing, manufacturing, maintenance and repair, and support activities.”
- “Deloitte organizes its resources through the Product Development arm of its Operations consulting practice.”
- “Deloitte organizes its services around four areas: product and R&D strategy, product development effectiveness, PLM, and R&D organization and talent. A core capability around which Deloitte coordinates the delivery of these services for large-scale transformations is a strategic assessment coupled with industry-specific process models built from its accumulated lean engineering experience. Deloitte embeds this model in pre-configured PLM software and links it to other downstream IT infrastructure to help clients improve the cross-functional development process. These engagements typically kick off with an eight-to-twelve week assessment, which concentrates on identifying core strategic and operational improvement opportunities to drive competitive advantage.”
- “Deloitte also goes to market with a number of targeted, strategic offerings, including those for design to value, parts rationalization, portfolio optimization, and quality. These feature analytic capabilities that can be delivered as part of engagements or ongoing managed services. The overriding focus of all of these targeted offerings is speed to results and delivering real bottom line impact.”
As used in this press release, “Deloitte” refers only to the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firms and their affiliates.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (“DTTL”), its global network of member firms and their related entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 264,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.