Deloitte named a leader in worldwide business consulting by IDC MarketScape, reclaims #1 position in consulting globally by Gartner
NEW YORK, NY, USA, 19 December 2018—International Data Corporation (IDC) has named Deloitte a leader in the IDC MarketScapes on business consulting services for worldwide and EMEA, and in a major player in the Americas and Asia Pacific.* This follows a ranking by Gartner of Deloitte as #1 in consulting globally, based on revenue, in its June 2018 report Gartner: Market Share: IT and Consulting Services, Worldwide, 2017.
According to Gard Little, research director for IDC's Global Services Markets and Trends research team: “Among buyers of consulting services worldwide, Deloitte is viewed as an expert at meeting project timelines and providing technical insights and competence to its clients. In addition, Deloitte is considered one of the most capable [networks] at helping drive innovation through the client organization and better than many of its peers at integrating the appropriate technologies and analytics into its engagements.”
“Deloitte’s consulting mission is to help clients imagine, deliver, and run their future. Analyst evaluations such as these provide important insights to us and to the market about our commitment and capability to deliver on that mission,” says Jason Girzadas, consulting managing principal, Deloitte Global.
For its report, IDC describes the IDC MarketScape as “a quantitative and qualitative assessment of the characteristics that explain a vendor's success in the marketplace and help anticipate the vendor's ascendancy.” The report assesses the capability and business strategy of the leading business consulting organizations.
Additional Findings from the IDC MarketScape
- "Deloitte's talented professionals excel in their areas of expertise," according to a business/professional services client in the United States, while a U.K. pharmaceuticals client cites Deloitte's "ability to call upon global resources.”
- “Clients in the Americas say that Deloitte is better than most at helping them drive innovation through their organizations, create more effective businesses, and improve operational efficiency. Deloitte is perceived to be above average at providing high-quality staff in support of engagements, providing technical insights and competence, and integrating the appropriate technologies."
- “Among clients in the EMEA region, Deloitte is considered to excel at integrating appropriate technologies to support its engagements. Deloitte is also seen as one of the most capable at helping clients improve their customers' experience, manage risk, reduce costs, drive innovation, and improve operational efficiency. Clients say that on engagements, Deloitte excels at integrating appropriate analytics, maximizing project value, providing technical insights, and understanding the unique needs of their business.”
- "Deloitte is an established industry leader, building on world-recognized talent and knowledge resources," says a finance sector client in the United Kingdom, while a United Kingdom media client adds, "the company's service is quite professional and helpful to us."
- “Among clients in Asia/Pacific, Deloitte is perceived to be extremely capable at helping them manage risk and reduce costs. In addition, Deloitte is regarded as better than many of its peers at helping enterprises create a more effective business and at integrating appropriate analytics into its engagements.”
This follows a ranking by Gartner, the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company, of Deloitte as #1 in consulting globally, based on revenue, in its June 2018 report Gartner: Market Share: IT and Consulting Services, Worldwide, 2017.
According to the Gartner report, Gartner defines consulting as “Business plus technology-related consulting services.” The researcher includes the following business and technology consulting segments in its definition of consulting: business strategy, business operations, financial management, risk management, human capital management, marketing and customer management, technology consulting, applications consulting, infrastructure consulting, IT strategy, and governance.
“The complexities of today’s market create tremendous challenges and opportunities for clients to innovate and advance their agendas,” adds Girzadas. “Working at the intersections of industry, business, and technology, Deloitte is unrelenting in our focus on helping clients balance the strategies, choices, and timing needed to achieve their objectives, and fulfill their purpose.”
As used in this press release, “Deloitte” refers only to the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firms.
*Sources: IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Business Consulting Services 2018 Vendor Assessment (IDC #US42761918), March 2018
IDC MarketScape: EMEA Business Consulting Services 2018 Vendor Assessment (IDC #US42761818), March 2018
IDC MarketScape: Americas Business Consulting Services 2018 Vendor Assessment (IDC #US42761718), March 2018
IDC MarketScape: Asia/Pacific Business Consulting Services 2018 Vendor Assessment (IDC #US42761618, March 2018
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (“DTTL”), its global network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s more than 286,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.