IFRS 17 webcasts
Join the conversation!
IFRS Insurance Webcasts
Published on 10 July 2020 | Francesco Nagari
Global IFRS Insurance Leader at Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
On 25 June 2020, the IASB has issued Amendments to IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts, which makes targeted amendments to the standard, including:
- New effective date for IFRS 17
- New accounting for insurance acquisition cash flows
- New CSM allocation relating to investment services
- Substantial improvement of the accounting for reinsurance held (cedant’s accounting)
- Substantial improvement of the risk mitigation option (a.k.a. VFA* hedge accounting)
- Other amendments impacting several areas of IFRS 17
Listen to Francesco Nagari, Deloitte's Global IFRS Insurance Leader, for the key highlights and outcomes from the recent IASB’s publication on IFRS 17.
Read also Deloitte’s IFRS in Focus article on the IASB amendments to IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts in conjunction with this webcast. This article provides detailed discussions on the amendments to IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts issued by the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) in June 2020.